SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 2012 XC60 R-Design, fully loaded, back in May. The last few months have been great, until last week when I started getting an occasional "Radar Blocked" message. I checked the manual, and it said to make sure the radar is clean, so I cleaned it. No luck, same problems. Took it in for service, they evaluated, updated my Sensus to 3.0, and said just keep the car clean. 15 minutes after leaving dealer, "Radar Blocked" comes on again. I checked grill and windshield, car is spotless. If I restart the car, it fixes itself, but will inevitably break again within 30 minutes. Have to go back to the dealer again.

Anyone else having this type of issue? It's very frustrating as it disables the cruise control completely. My dealer seems clueless. Not sure what to do. All suggestions welcomed!:confused:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got this message a couple of times in the first couple thousand miles and haven't had it since. I never saw any obvious blockage. I have 15,000 miles on a 2011 now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well. On try #2 to the dealer, they have decided that they need to replace the radar sensor, but that takes a few days to order, so I will have to go in again for try #3 next week to see if they can solve it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts