SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A non computer-literate friend with a '07 V70 is having a problem with heater control. It will only blow hot with the control knob in the far clockwise position, otherwise only cold. I have vacuumed and blown lint out from around thermistor via the small grille opening on the panel. That didn't fix the problem so trying to remove the panel/module itself to replace it with another unit. The whole radio+panel comes out as a unit but can't seem to detach the ACC module from the radio/housing. I can see the 3 tabs that prevent the module from pulling away from the rear housing for both the module and radio but releasing those doesn't seem to release the module. I don't want to break anything so please tell me what I'm missing. :confused: THANKS!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Remove wood trim around the combo (3 screws on top + a bunch of tabs), unscrews 4 screws, release 2 tabs, push forward.

But first, start with DiCE/VIDA diagnostic.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry but I lack some knowledge here. First I have no DICE/VIDA or user experience. All I have is an Autel MaxiDiag Elite code reader. Then as for screws - after I lifted the shifter surround panel and accessed the 2 screws holding the whole radio/ACC assembly I pulled it out of the dash and removed the 3 screws holding the 'wood trim' frame (not 'wood' trim on base models). Then I removed 2 more screws to try to release the ACC module. total 7 screws so far. From the sound of your suggestion I might have missed 2 more screws toward the upper rear of the module? Unfortunately the owner lives a couple of hours away and I don't know when she will be back in the area for me to have another go at it. I was also reading that sometimes these modules need some sort of reprogramming by a dealer or XeMODeX. Anyone know what that is about and why it might be necessary, and if necessary if/why it co$t$ a lot?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts