SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen on that 'other board' everyone going to walmart to buy an AC repair kit? I looked at Walmart here in Canada, but didn't find it anywhere.....any ideas on how I could attempt this for as cheap as others are claiming. I believe kit includes R-134, and oil etc. Do I have R-134 in my 97 855? <BR>Please help, it is starting to get warm up here.

·
Registered
422 Posts
In my 1996 850 Turbo, I have R-134A. You could purchase the freon, and do it yourself. All you need is the hose to do so, and the cans, with the little can punching thingie, but that all comes in the kit!<P>good luck man<P>

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, so I took the car in for an AC inspection at a local repair shop. They hooked it up and determined that if any leak existed, it was so minor that it was not noticeable. They installed the leak sealer as a precaution, and recharged. Total cost $280 CDN....I was fearing the worst news of having to do evaporater etc, so I had put it off.....anyway the best $280 I have spent in a long time. Black on Black is just too hot for summer time driving. Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts