SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a s60 2.5t 2005 with 130k miles. today my ac completely stopped blowing i have put it all the way up and i get nothing. this morning it was working fine. one thing i did notice a while back was that the ac started to blow weaker and stronger randomly. what could be the issue. starting to get to the point where i need a new car if its not one thing its another!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Not sure if this helps you or not but on the same vintage of s/v40 there was an issue with the quality of solders and/or pots on the back of the ccm. When they started to fail you would get a fan that seemed to be possessed. It would go up and down and up and down with a mind of its own. The first step in troubleshooting was to turn the temp and fan dials one way and then the other quickly about 20x each in an effort to remove the oxidation from the pots. The second step was to either seek out a replacement ccm or resolder new pots on. That did the trick for mine.

Good luck. The good news is that getting another ccm from a wreckyard should not be too difficult. Just be sure not to chuck yours out without salvaging those damned light bulbs that cost a fortune to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
hey guys i have a s60 2.5t 2005 with 130k miles. today my ac completely stopped blowing i have put it all the way up and i get nothing. this morning it was working fine. one thing i did notice a while back was that the ac started to blow weaker and stronger randomly. what could be the issue. starting to get to the point where i need a new car if its not one thing its another!
Wondering if its this needing replacement: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-blower-motor-resistor-s60-s80-v70-xc70-xc90-8693262

·
Registered
868 Posts
Or maybe you have a blower motor and or a blower resister problem.It doesn't sound like a A/C issue.Did ya ever have a water leak? Like water on the pass side carpet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts