SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I had a post about AC noise and cooling issues a while back, and got a diagnosis that the high pressure AC hose failed. During this visit they performed an update to the software which I'm told was the latest and greatest.
The initial issues were present when I first started the car after the upgrade (HVAC system Off, and FM radio on a station I don't listen to). I attributed that to the service work, but I've noticed multiple times since then that the HVAC will be off and the radio is on that same station upon startup.
Now today, about 1 week since the service, I had an issue while connected to CarPlay listening to Spotify. I got a call and answered it, but the music continued to play in the background on the call. I ended the call, disconnected the USB and turned off the Bluetooth to make sure I didn't have any issues, and called the guy back. At that point the entire system appeared to reboot twice and when it finally restarted the HVAC was off and the radio was on the local Spanish speaking station again.
Has anyone else had similar issues?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Do factory reset of the system sometimes after update of any thing like cars computer phone mp3 players helps to fuctory reset and try another usb cable.

Reactions: Carl_Hungus

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey Guys,
I had a post about AC noise and cooling issues a while back, and got a diagnosis that the high pressure AC hose failed. During this visit they performed an update to the software which I'm told was the latest and greatest.
The initial issues were present when I first started the car after the upgrade (HVAC system Off, and FM radio on a station I don't listen to). I attributed that to the service work, but I've noticed multiple times since then that the HVAC will be off and the radio is on that same station upon startup.
Now today, about 1 week since the service, I had an issue while connected to CarPlay listening to Spotify. I got a call and answered it, but the music continued to play in the background on the call. I ended the call, disconnected the USB and turned off the Bluetooth to make sure I didn't have any issues, and called the guy back. At that point the entire system appeared to reboot twice and when it finally restarted the HVAC was off and the radio was on the local Spanish speaking station again.
Has anyone else had similar issues?
Both times my head unit was rebooting it was my USB cable. I was in denial because it was a rugged cable and I thought "no way, this is a tough cable".. Alas, a new cable and all the problems ended. On a whim I tried that cable on a PC to hook up the phone, errors. I was fuming at the dealership about Sensus rebooting and it was the cable shorting out. Now, would I like to see the usb port be a little better with a faulty cable? sure, but at least I stopped the problem.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Both times my head unit was rebooting it was my USB cable. I was in denial because it was a rugged cable and I thought "no way, this is a tough cable".. Alas, a new cable and all the problems ended. On a whim I tried that cable on a PC to hook up the phone, errors. I was fuming at the dealership about Sensus rebooting and it was the cable shorting out. Now, would I like to see the usb port be a little better with a faulty cable? sure, but at least I stopped the problem.
Interesting, I'll try swapping it out. I worry about that the way it exits the console. Thanks!

·
Registered
850 Posts
yes same here had issue with cable . Once cable changed no issue after

·
Registered
129 Posts
Interesting, I'll try swapping it out. I worry about that the way it exits the console. Thanks!
Yeah mine had a full system dump as well, the display between the speedometer and tach went out, as well as all of the sensus display, it was a pretty hard reset. Of course when I had navigation in use. Such is life, it's better now with a new cable.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yeah mine had a full system dump as well, the display between the speedometer and tach went out, as well as all of the sensus display, it was a pretty hard reset. Of course when I had navigation in use. Such is life, it's better now with a new cable.
yep had that happen as well with old cable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts