SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight so i have a 98 S70 GLT recently my AC stopped working and i heard a squealing noise coming from the car..i checked it out and the aircompresser seems to be locked up...Or atleast thats what i think it is im preaty sure thats what it is. Well the other day i asked my dad and he said it was ok to drive it, but after about 25 min of driving it i smelled sumthing burning. The belt is just rubbing over the bottom wheel and is slowly burning up. <p>What or how is the best way to take care of this problem. Is this sumthing that me and my dad can do or should i spend the money and take it in?

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Replace your compressor while changing your belt. When you do this, you should also replace your receiver/drier. This means your system should be evacuated and new refridgerant added when all the components are back in. You and your dad can do all of this except evacuating your system. How many miles on your car? Depending, it might be a good idea to change out your serpentine belt tensioner too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (MadeInJapan)

Aight we should be able to do that <p>It has about 63 grand on it

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
On second thought...unlikely but something could have fallen in and jammed the compressor wheel. Just check it when you take the serp. belt off. You could get lucky!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Re: (MadeInJapan)

those damn A/C units! I just dropped $1100 on my evaporator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts