SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive an '86 Volvo 240 in the US where we can buy generic conversion kits to modify older cars to use the newer R-134A A/C refrigerant. I want to do this job but have no experience working with air conditioning. I hope someone out there has the info I need. <P>The instructions in the kit say to add refrigerant and lubricant via the access ports on the low-pressure side of the system. I only see one port, on the passenger side of the A/C condenser (next to the radiator). From the instruction description, this seems to be the high-pressure side, but I'm not sure. Where's the low-pressure port?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had my 740 converted at the dealer in 1995. it cost me about 200 bux. The kit is about 50 from the dealer. All the old oil must be removed and the new oil added. the receiver/dryer as well as a new expansion valve have to be replaced too which are included in the kit. The little rubber O-rings also have to be changed. All the old R-12 has to be removed and the correct amount added. I might suggest leaving it to the pro's on this one. <P>Releasing R12 into the air is a violation of Fedeal Law by treaty.<P>Check out <A HREF="http://www.autofrost.com" TARGET=_blank>www.autofrost.com</A> for an R-12 substitute and other guidance.<P>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts