SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2004 C70 t5 convertible with 120k miles, since I bought it (a few months ago) it seems that when the ac compressor kick in you feel the car loosing power for half a second. I notice it mostly when on the highway with the cruise set. If I turn off the ac the problem goes away. AC work just fine and always blow cold when on.

Any idea where to look?

thanks

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
It is normal for power delivered to the drivetrain to drop when the ac compressor is engaged. Here in Fort Worth, where I live, the car(2005 Volvo S60) will heat up when it is parked, so I will have turned on the AC as soon as the car is started, and it will be running continuously for at least 10 minutes. I don't notice any lost power, because the air conditioning is already operating when highway speed is reached. It could be that the fuel injection system in your car is lagging, which would prevent the engine from maintaining rpms when the load is increased. Do you notice a change in rpms when the ac compressor kicks in?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had multiples cars with ac that had smaller engines with much less hp/torque and never noticed it kicked in like this. Is this a Volvo thing? power wise the car pull hard when it get into boost, so i doubt it's a fueling issue.

I've tried to look at the rpm gauge and it doesn't look like it move when it happens. It feels like the transmission is slipping or the engine miss very briefly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had multiples cars with ac that had smaller engines with much less hp/torque and never noticed it kicked in like this. Is this a Volvo thing? power wise the car pull hard when it get into boost, so i doubt it's a fueling issue.

I've tried to look at the rpm gauge and it doesn't look like it move when it happens. It feels like the transmission is slipping or the engine miss very briefly.

That is normal,I have a C70 and an S60R and you can feel when the compressor engages nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is normal,I have a C70 and an S60R and you can feel when the compressor engages nothing to worry about.
ok good, glad it's normal.

We went for a little trip to mount Washington, no issue going up or down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts