SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
On my '89 there are 2 of them on the driver's side firewall. Replace both along with the vacuum lines (I suspect you have a few miles on yours so I'd do all of the vacuum lines). It's a one-way check valve so make sure you note the directionality. There is an air flow arrow on the body of the valve, but if you have doubts just do the old suck-and-blow test and you'll find the orientation real quick. The other (unfortunate) possibility is one of the pancake heater box bellows has a ruptured diaphragm. If you go to

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...n/IMG_0867.jpg

you can see one of the just to the right of the steering column. The yellow vacuum hose is pointing to it.

Best of luck to you!

Chuck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just happened to check in today and to my surprise I finally got a response to my post. Its been over three weeks since I posted.

Thank you for you help. I'll have to buy a second relay to replace both. I'll check the link you posted and look into the diaphragm.

Edit: Hmm... the picture has been removed...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah I don't check the posts as often as I'd like. For the pic you may try the "Is this the place for 780s?" thread and check the photo at the very bottom. If anything it will make you hope that is NOT your problem!

Chuck

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts