SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the ABS module in my 2002 V70 T5 rebuilt/repaired by Module Master due to a fairly recent, ongoing "brake failure stop safely" code. But had to send it back because the brake failure code popped again. When I turn on the car, no code, takes about 30 minutes of driving for it to pop. But then after stopping/parking and beginning another drive cycle, an "engine system service required" code comes on, ultimately followed by the "brake failure" code.
I'm down here in South Florida and it is hot, if that matters. Per Vida, the codes that show are: BCM-0052 (control module internal fault) ECM-510F (vehicle speed signal missing) ECM-9400 (brake pedal sensor - signal missing) and CEM-1A5F (communication with BCM module - signal missing.

Is the issue strictly with the ABS module or a combination of modules/items? Typically thought that cracked solder points in the ABS module were the culprit. Anyhow, suggestions appreciated, and what can I expect from Module Master, can they go any further with the unit? Thanks.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Pedal sensors go bad, replace that

1 - 2 of 2 Posts