SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,
Over the weekend I overhauled the front suspension (control arms, ball joint, struts, & sway bar end links) on my 2005 XC70. After getting everything back together and taking it out for a test drive I now have the ABS light and the message "ABS/Anti-skid service required" or some such jargon. Also, after first turning the car on the ABS will activate once or twice on the first couple of turns taken. Doing a quick search I stumbled across a thread that this could be caused by a misaligned wheel speed sensor due to improper axle bolt torque. Yesterday I loosened and re-torqued the axle bolt but to no avail.

I'm not sure where to go from here. I'd rather not take it to a mechanic unless I have to. Should I try new sensors? Possibly a wire was damaged during the re-build due to age? Does the reluctor ring ever need to be replaced? I hadn't touched anything else, so I wouldn't think it would the be the ABS module; hopefully not.

Any ideas on the cause? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Your best bet is to get it hooked up to Vida. That will best pinpoint your issue as it could be many things including what you stated.

I personally have had that message and it was the abs pump motor that was on the fritz.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts