SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

ABS and TRACS light on at the same time is......?

905 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ABC 
#1 ·
I know I read about this somewhere but I can't find it or remember where I did read about it.

anybody? anybody? bueller?

#2 ·
Re: ABS and TRACS light on at the same time is......? (Kaizai)

Usually this means that the ABS controller needs to be replaced. When the lights go on, you do not have ABS braking, so be careful!
From what I understand, the module is not simple to get to, so it is probably a fix that needs to be done by someone qualified. Also read somewhere that it is caused by faulty connections, but if you try to re-solder yourself and mess the unit up, you will not be able to receive the core charge if it ultimately needs to be replaced.

#3 ·
Re: ABS and TRACS light on at the same time is......? (rlabwgn)

actually, it could mean that your ignition switch is getting worn down.

When the light comes on, jiggle your your key (while engine is running) and see if it makes the light go away.

volvospeed.com bay 13 has a fix on it...i have the same problem, but don't need to replace the switch yet cause i'm lazy and have a ton of exams coming up.

but check it out.

#4 ·
Re: ABS and TRACS light on at the same time is......? (Kaizai)

I had the exact same problem and replaced the controller and have not had the problem since. Others have said in the end the controller has to be replaced to be fixed - it seems that is the case. Cost was around $400 or so (for a 'reconditioned' one). Hope it helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.