SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I test drove 2 Volvo C30's today (2009 and a 2011) and will probably purchase the 2011 C30 T5 this coming weekend. I have a warranty question:

I'm purchasing this from a non Volvo Dealership. The dealership told me that the car comes with a 5 year/50,000 Mile warranty. However, I did some reading and it looks like it only comes with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. Which is correct?

Also, I heard that used Volvo's can be Certified Pre-Owned, does my 2011 C30 Qualify? By the way, the car has 36,400 miles on it.

Sorry for the noob questions, I haven't purchased a car in 8 years and this is sort of new for me.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I test drove 2 Volvo C30's today (2009 and a 2011) and will probably purchase the 2011 C30 T5 this coming weekend. I have a warranty question:

I'm purchasing this from a non Volvo Dealership. The dealership told me that the car comes with a 5 year/50,000 Mile warranty. However, I did some reading and it looks like it only comes with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. Which is correct?

Also, I heard that used Volvo's can be Certified Pre-Owned, does my 2011 C30 Qualify? By the way, the car has 36,400 miles on it.

Sorry for the noob questions, I haven't purchased a car in 8 years and this is sort of new for me.

Thanks in advance!
Unless the '11 was some sort of short term lease(with funky warranty restrictions), I'm pretty sure you should have 48month/50K miles warranty.

The CPO 'status' is available only through Volvo dealers(unless I've missed something over the years). This is from the Volvo site on CPO:
7. Strict eligibility rules
It takes a special kind of Volvo to even be eligible for our CPO program: it must be the current model year or no more than 6 years old (e.g., in 2012, eligible model years are 2007-2012), its mileage must be 80,000 miles or fewer, it must have a "clean" CARFAX Vehicle History Report, and it must be reconditioned to meet all Volvo Certified Comprehensive Inspection standard

I guess it's possible that your vehicle was certified CPO at some point in the past, but I'm not certain how that would have happened in under two years. IF it was CPO. the site states the warranty automatically transfers to the new owner. However, it seems unlikely that a dealer wouldn't have that info AND charge extra for it!

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
thats odd. normally the 2011's come with a 5 year 60k warranty.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription
263 Posts
thats odd. normally the 2011's come with a 5 year 60k warranty.
Yes, it is. It came from the factory with a 5/50 warranty, along with "Safe &'Secure" paid maintenance. Both are transferable to a new owner. Only cars sold through a Volvo dealer can be a CPO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts