SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I want to thank everyone on here as this forum has been an incredible resource as I went through my car buying decision process. I test drove a wide variety of vehicles: Acura ISX, Huyndai Elantra, BMW 335i, Infinity G, Subaru Impreza, Chevy Volt, and a Volvo S60.

In the end the Volvo stood out for the following reasons: 1) Comfort 2) Safety 3) Quality/ Reliability. The things that made me consider other cars were: 1) Breaks 2) Price for quality of dealership 3) Fuel Efficiency 4) Car needs BLISS to fit in my garage next to my SUV.

Once I settled on the S60, I was deciding between a 2013 T 5AWD and a 2012 T5 but the Summer Payment program sealed the deal. I am looking at getting the following options: Caspian Blue Paint, Premium Package with Stone/Off Black leather, PCC, Climate Package, Park Assist, Nav Pre Wire, and BLISS.

Here is the deal I am looking at:
MSRP: 37,270
Term 36 months
Residual: 55%
Lease End Value: 20,499
Initial Cap Cost (A-plan pricing from VCOA) 35,893
Cash Cap Reduction: -2250
Conquest + Summer Special Rebates: -1,757
Acquisition Fee: 795
Adjusted Cap Cost: 32,681
Base Payment: 349 + 8.5%Tax= $388

I know I probably could have worked for a less expensive deal, but I am getting the exact car that I want and they are having it shipped from another dealer about 2 hours away. Do you think this is a good deal?

Also, from leases with other car companies I know to expect the following up sells: 1) Warranty 2) Paint Protection Coat 3) Seat ScotchGuard 4) Lease extra wear tear

Are there any others that Volvo offers and do you think they are worth it. This will be my first Volvo.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Caspian blue! So beautiful! I would try to reduce the residual value. Average is 49%. Try to at least get it to 50% specially if you thing you might want to buy it after the lease ends.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Caspian blue! So beautiful! I would try to reduce the residual value. Average is 49%. Try to at least get it to 50% specially if you thing you might want to buy it after the lease ends.
Residual values cannot be negotiated. There is only one lease provider for the S60 and that is US Bank. The residual can only change with the term and/or the miles per year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing that plays into that residual is the that this is a 12k per year lease. Also the money factor is .00020, which I believe equates out to around .5% per year.

I am not sure why I would ever want the residual to be lower, as that would increase the depreciation costs I have to pay on the lease. If you look at Hyundai, they have residuals in the mid 60's and their leases are incredible.

Any insights out there as to what up-sales I should expect to be offered at doc signing?

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
One thing that plays into that residual is the that this is a 12k per year lease. Also the money factor is .00020, which I believe equates out to around .5% per year.

I am not sure why I would ever want the residual to be lower, as that would increase the depreciation costs I have to pay on the lease. If you look at Hyundai, they have residuals in the mid 60's and their leases are incredible.

Any insights out there as to what up-sales I should expect to be offered at doc signing?
I believe both the residual and lease MF rates can change each month. FYI, that is an incredibly low MF. I have found that most of the companies who have their own finance arms (BMW, Hyundai, etc) will keep residuals artificially high to steer customers towards leasing vs. buying. Their MF rates are also normally higher (think 4-6% interest rate equivalent).

·
Registered
558 Posts
I believe both the residual and lease MF rates can change each month. FYI, that is an incredibly low MF. I have found that most of the companies who have their own finance arms (BMW, Hyundai, etc) will keep residuals artificially high to steer customers towards leasing vs. buying. Their MF rates are also normally higher (think 4-6% interest rate equivalent).
2nd that!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you want the lowest monthly payments and don't expect to buy your vehicle at lease-end, go with the highest residual.

If you expect to buy your vehicle at lease-end and don't mind higher payments, go with the lowest residual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts