SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to pull a good used engine from an 2004 to swap into my 2006 S60R, anything important, specific, or special? Or is it straightforward?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am going to pull a good used engine from an 2004 to swap into my 2006 S60R, anything important, specific, or special? Or is it straightforward?

Drop the whole frame down withe trans just don't and change the angle gear sleeve and seal when you putting it back together this is coming from a Volvo tech

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
This will help alot with dropping the subframe even though it's for trans: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?t=222549

Here is how mine came out:

Then I swapped the new motor over and also all the parts that needed to be swapped into it.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I'm liking that ipd swaybar how is it?
Love them man. Have the elevate 25 mm adjustable in the rear and the ipd 25 mm up front. Has just enough oversteer for my liking with the elevate as stiff as it can go. Coupled with my 245 nitto nto5s car sticks awesome and feels on rails.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Love them man. Have the elevate 25 mm adjustable in the rear and the ipd 25 mm up front. Has just enough oversteer for my liking with the elevate as stiff as it can go. Coupled with my 245 nitto nto5s car sticks awesome and feels on rails.

I ran into a great deal front and rear 25.5mm elavete for 350$ brand new I'm scooping those up next week

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Sounds like a steal man. You will love them. The rear was harder than the front for me. Had to pretty much melt the rear bolts out they were corroded so bad.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sounds like a steal man. You will love them. The rear was harder than the front for me. Had to pretty much melt the rear bolts out they were corroded so bad.

When I got my car I took out all the bolts pasted them with some anti seize put them back in and undercoated the whole bottom of my car not that it needed it but you can never go wrong with undercoating lol

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Well if those bolts came out when you did that it should be a breeze if your pretty good wrenching.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well thank you adsinnott1, and wassimbakkar. My plan is to pull the 2004 engine/trans/angle gear together. Then on the 2006 just pull the angle gear, and engine while leaving the transmission in the car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well thank you adsinnott1, and wassimbakkar. My plan is to pull the 2004 engine/trans/angle gear together. Then on the 2006 just pull the angle gear, and engine while leaving the transmission in the car.
Damn you doing a swap that sucks you have to do the job twice but good luck on everything......
Just remember there's a difference between Manuel angle gear and auto the sleeve is a little longer on the Manuel one.
If you have any questions I'll more than happy to help

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn you doing a swap that sucks you have to do the job twice but good luck on everything......
Just remember there's a difference between Manuel angle gear and auto the sleeve is a little longer on the Manuel one.
If you have any questions I'll more than happy to help
Thank you! Yes I'm sorta diving into it, but at least I'll learn a lot!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Thank you! Yes I'm sorta diving into it, but at least I'll learn a lot!
Yolo! haha. good luck man and let us know how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just recently replaced my engine for one them at didn't have a cracked block in it. Make sure to replace turbo instead of swapping the old one into the new one. That's what I did with mine and it failed a few weeks after the install. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just recently replaced my engine for one that didn't have a cracked block in it. Make sure to replace turbo Completely instead of swapping the old one into the new engine. That's what I did with mine and it failed a few weeks after the install. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Just recently replaced my engine for one them at didn't have a cracked block in it. Make sure to replace turbo instead of swapping the old one into the new one. That's what I did with mine and it failed a few weeks after the install. Good luck!

I don't think your turbo is the issue mate. i wouldnt go around telling people this without knowing for sure. i had a rebuilt motor put in mine with my old turbo and my caR has never been better.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah my bad I'm a newbie, had a long discussion in another thread about it and figured out it may be the tvc or a vacuum line leak. Won't know for sure until my mechanic checks it out.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Yeah my bad I'm a newbie, had a long discussion in another thread about it and figured out it may be the tvc or a vacuum line leak. Won't know for sure until my mechanic checks it out.
don't apologize i could care less haha i just dont want this dude to replace his turbo when he doesnt need to :) where are you located at? how old are you? you sound young from the way you type haha

1 - 20 of 64 Posts