SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm about to buy a new car, it's been a few years. After looking at many cars, Volvo looks like the best out there.

My dealer has a 3.2L 2011 (not sure if .5) But we're about to make the reservation tomorrow.

It's for a fairly good deal, since the new 2012's are $4k more in my region. (non us)

I've Chosen:
-Cosmic White
-Beige interior with black stripe (not sure exactly what it's called)

Now the car looks great, it's just a worry about my region, here the maintenance isn't good and spare parts are expensive, But regardless, it has a 4 year warranty and that doesn't really deter anything. Volvo's are rarely seen here, which adds to the cars effect.

My only question is, is this car worth the ~35k $ (Cheapest deal in region). Would this out win the similarly priced CX-9? Just my questions. Are you guys happy? Is the color good?

Thanks! (Delivery is only a week, so no wait, hurray!)

·
Registered
837 Posts
One of the local Dealers here in Dallas has a Cosmic White R-Design which I saw in person last week and while my wife wasn't too excited by it, I liked it. It has "interest" to it and would PROBABLY be my preference over Ice white - Ice White, however, is also good looking (I like these cars in the brighter colors). Cosmic is basically a pearl white with blue/gray overtones (i.e. cooler as opposed to warmer.

The CX-9 is a different vehicle altogether. It has 3 rows of seats and is much larger and roomier inside. My wife and I drove over a dozen SUVs in our recent search, but that did not include the CX-9. I did drive a CX-7, which is in a more similar size class, but, frankly, all of the small "non-luxury or non near-luxury" SUVs felt very similar...just variations on an "economy" theme. If you need the room of a CX-9 then you need the room and should go for that (it looks much nicer inside than the CX-7 and gets good reviews), but if you don't then the Volvo is in a nicer league altogether.

·
Registered
597 Posts
So I'm about to buy a new car, it's been a few years. After looking at many cars, Volvo looks like the best out there.

My dealer has a 3.2L 2011 (not sure if .5) But we're about to make the reservation tomorrow.

It's for a fairly good deal, since the new 2012's are $4k more in my region. (non us)

I've Chosen:
-Cosmic White

Now the car looks great, it's just a worry about my region, here the maintenance isn't good and spare parts are expensive, But regardless, it has a 4 year warranty and that doesn't really deter anything. Volvo's are rarely seen here, which adds to the cars effect.

My only question is, is this car worth the ~35k $ (Cheapest deal in region). Would this out win the similarly priced CX-9? Just my questions. Are you guys happy? Is the color good?

You can tell if it's a .5 by whether there is a second display pod on the center dash and the 12v outlet is exposed in the center vertical console fascia. As for pricing it is highly driven by options and miles. The CX7/9 are not in the same class IMHO.

·
Registered
442 Posts

I've Chosen:
-Cosmic White

What's your region? (<--note my location - I also live in a "black hole of Volvo" region)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
What's your region? (<--note my location - I also live in a "black hole of Volvo" region)
drat, you likely won't see this until morning; but that giant red/orange blob on the radar is directly on top of My Darling visiting St. Francisville, LA and the storm is headed your way! I'm guessing 3-4am. Hope it breaks up before it hits you! DW and I debated on which vehicle she should take and she was mighty glad to be in the XC instead of the C70 in the 'driving' rain. She drove past the 50K mile mark on the first leg of the trip. We'll see if 'Mr. Murphy' and his law are aware that our warranty just ran out! ;)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
And to answer the OP, I admired the Cosmic R-design that was on our dealer showroom floor...very pretty; but I'd have a bit of trouble paying the ~$500 extra over the Ice White(color of our C70). I think the Cosmic is eye-catching while the Ice looks a little 'sportier'. The Cosmic is certainly distinctive. Our Sandstone interior is classically boring; but I don't mind the monotone. The two-tone looks pretty sharp...again, distinctive.

We'd be tickled to know your location and the cost of the vehicle(if you don't mind). :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And to answer the OP, I admired the Cosmic R-design that was on our dealer showroom floor...very pretty; but I'd have a bit of trouble paying the ~$500 extra over the Ice White(color of our C70). I think the Cosmic is eye-catching while the Ice looks a little 'sportier'. The Cosmic is certainly distinctive. Our Sandstone interior is classically boring; but I don't mind the monotone. The two-tone looks pretty sharp...again, distinctive.

We'd be tickled to know your location and the cost of the vehicle(if you don't mind). :thumbup:
Location: Middle east, Yeah, Volvo is very uncommon. Price is $35K (Cosmic white is the cheapest option somehow haha)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Location: Middle east, Yeah, Volvo is very uncommon. Price is $35K (Cosmic white is the cheapest option somehow haha)
Ah, yeah, I can see where that's a "black hole of Volvo" region as well. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts