SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what offset will clear the R calipers? 43 or 28? OBTW.please let me know if anyone is selling. thx

·
Registered
586 Posts
Mine are ET43 and I run 15 mm spacers, though I believe 10 mm should work too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I love these wheels!!! If you figure them out for our R let me know PLEASE

·
Registered
528 Posts
what offset will clear the R calipers? 43 or 28? OBTW.please let me know if anyone is selling. thx
mehran05 just sold a set of ET28 18x8 Volutions (==> HERE <==)

I thought about jumping on those (love those wheels) but promised myself that if I spring for a new set of wheels they have to be lightweight (and the Volutions are definitely not).

ET28's fit R's just fine without spacers (in fact Heico says the ET28 version is the "R-version" of the Volution V's). If you're lowered or a have factory freak low springs, you may need to roll your fenders though.

If you're willing to go 19's, there was a fellow selling 19" Volutions off of his C30 in SoCal end of last year, might still have them for sale (==> HERE <==)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the lead. I thought about 19s but I'm concerned about the turning radius. It already sucks as it is.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks for the lead. I thought about 19s but I'm concerned about the turning radius. It already sucks as it is.
Hah, it's a battleship no matter what kind of shoes you put on. Just get used to 3 point turns everywhere, including parking spots.

·
Registered
428 Posts
This might help with the offset,
I have 19X8 ET 38 volutions and I have to have 15MM spacers to clear the calipers.
Just had them straightened and rebalanced, thinking of selling them.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
The +28mm Volution V's were meant specifically for the R application. Any of the higher offset variants will require spacers to clear the brake calipers.

·
Registered
586 Posts
The +28mm Volution V's were meant specifically for the R application. Any of the higher offset variants will require spacers to clear the brake calipers.
Yep. ARMANDST5 - if you do find a nice set that requires spacers, IPD's 15mm H&Rs are on sale, $85 for a pair (don't forget the longer lugs too).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts