SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of changing the motor oil myself. Can someone quickly walk me through the steps. If I can get this information today (the 21st), that would be great.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, it's easier if you have a buddy that knows how to help you out the first time you do it.<P><BR>This isn't a complete instruction set, i'm just writing some notes down here. The basic steps that I do are:<P>1) Run the car for a few seconds to warm up the oil, set up ramps (don't trust jacks) on a flat area, drive the car up and engage the e-brake. <P>2) unscrew the oil drain and drain out the old oil into a container. wait 10 min or so. Replace drain plug with a new washer.<P>3) unscrew the filter cap using the filter socket (it's cheaper to buy the ipd socket instead of Volvo's) and drain. clean the filter cap with a clean, dustless rag, replace the rubber grommet on the filter cap. Insert a new cartridge and put a little fresh oil over the edges of the filter cartridge, and reinstall the oil filter.<P>4) pop the hood and fill it up with clean oil, and fill to recommendation based on a new filter (if you didn't change the filter, add less oil). Check with dipstick.<P>5) Run the car for a few minutes, then check underneath for any leaks. If no leaks, you're done.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That will do, I haven't tried my volvo before and so thought it might have some difference. But good thing it didn't, Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts