SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have abl headlights and was having issues with brightness. When I checked the lights the bulbs were backed out of the holder. I pulled the headlight out to do some other repairs and checked the bulbs and the holder has some pins missing I’m wondering it there’s a way to repair those missing pins?

·
Registered
17,484 Posts
Check your reflectors too. ABL are notorious for burning up the bowls by this age now and producing very little forward illumination

·
Registered
V70 2010 / 2.5 FT
7 Posts
Hi !

I've got ABL too on my V70 2010 and am too suffering from very low brightness.
I've already replaced the Xenon Bulbs with brand new and even brighter one, but that didn't lead to a brighter headlight at all.

I assume that my reflectors are dirty or damaged.
Headlights are number 3 or 4 now on my list of 100 things to repaid/optimize on that car :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2007 S60, 2.0T
1 Posts
Are you sure there are pins missing? I changed my xenons 2 years ago (car was new to me then) because one bulb was darker than the other. Turned out it was actually not properly mounted.

It took me quite a while to figure out how to do it correctly. I also thought the pins were broken or bent at first (or maybe they actually are?). If I remember correctly you need to rotate the plastic pins to be able to remove / to lock the bulb in place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts