SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2023 XC60 B5 AWD
209 Posts
This is from the NHTSA recall notice for 2023 Volvo's.

"Volvo will release an over-the-air (OTA) BCM2 software update, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed March 15, 2023. Owners may contact Volvo Car customer service at 1-800-458-1552. Volvo Car's number for this recall is R10217."

Maybe they're waiting to roll everything together in one massive update.

· Registered
2023 XC60 B5 AWD
209 Posts
I still haven’t received this on mine. Anything special you did to trigger it? In settings it doesn’t show any updates available. Also was your car an early 2023 or a later one?
Mine's a late model 2023. I had auto update on, and had just gone on a long drive. I believe that's when it downloaded. I stopped for lunch, and when I started the vehicle the screen was black. I reset the the screen with the home button, and everything came back on. I checked the system, and that's when I saw I had the update. I have since turned auto update off to see if I get a notification when an update is available.

· Registered
2022 XC60 B5 Momentum
58 Posts
So frustrating. I just had my ‘22 B5 at the dealership and finally updated to 2.5. Now 2.6 is out and it’s done via the dealership only??

I wonder if a future update (2.7 or later) will be available OTA so I can skip going to the dealership for 2.6

· Registered
157 Posts
So frustrating. I just had my ‘22 B5 at the dealership and finally updated to 2.5. Now 2.6 is out and it’s done via the dealership only??

I wonder if a future update (2.7 or later) will be available OTA so I can skip going to the dealership for 2.6
They say 2.6 will be rolled into later OTA updates

· Registered
2022 XC60 B6 Inscription
43 Posts
Updates in software version 2.6

This software release is not available as OTA (Over-The-Air), it will only be available at Volvo retailers. 2.6 is a minor release and there is no need for a unique retailer visit purely to get 2.6, unless specifically requested by other Volvo communication. Software in 2.6 will also be included in the shortly upcoming 2.7 OTA release.
  • Improved cabin temperature control.
  • Improved Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) performance at low speed.
  • Drivetrain optimization adjustments.
  • Front seat heating is activated automatically when starting parking climate remotely.
So when I use Parking Climate to cool my car for a few minutes during the Hot Summer, it's going to default to also turning on the seat heaters?? Say What??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts