SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my '22 XC60 B5 dealer upgraded from 2.0 to 2.2 last week since 2.1 and 2.2 weren't offered OTA to my vehicle. I told them to update everything so it's possible they flashed a few other subsystems while they were in there.

The Good - I like the Apple CarPlay and in the first week my MPGs have been a few better than usual along my normal routes. I don't know that any of the optimizations in 2.1 or 2.2 were specific to the B5, it was a different component they flashed, or coincidence, but I'll keep my eye on it.

The Bad - When I got in my car tonight to go home the A/C didn't come on. :unsure: I entered the climate menu and tried to hit a button, any button, but they did nothing. I hit home, went back into the climate, and still nothing. I tried the voice prompt, "Turn on air-conditioner" and after several seconds it came back with a message that said something to the effect of, "I can't do that right now, try again later". I figured I'd hack it on the drive home so I popped the windows open. As I exited the parking lot I noticed my turn-signals were making their normal tick/tock sound when activated. The indicator was blinking on the dash like normal but no sound. No one was behind me in the parking lot so put the left blinker on, tried the right blinker, but still no sound yet all the while the indicators on the dash would work. I tried turning off the car and turning it on and still no climate or turn signal sound. I ultimately went with a long hold of the home button to reboot and voila - the A/C came on strong and my turn signals started tick/tocking again.

Has anyone else run into this yet on 2.2 or any prior version? Does anyone have experience with the turn signals doing that? I wouldn't have expected them to be tied into the AAOS but there was clearly a relationship between the AAOS reboot and the sound coming back. I was in a safe spot (parking lot) but if there is no sound does that mean the actual turn signal in the rear of the vehicle isn't working? I didn't exit to check. Again, the indicator on the dash was fine but the sound was gone.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Here's a dumb question: Did you try a reset (holding down the center button for about 30 seconds until it reboots)?

·
Registered
2022 XC60 T8 Recharge
87 Posts
I experienced some problem with V2.2 update : all can be fixed by holding home button long enough to restart the AAOS

• losing sound, no Spotify, no google, no radio - just completely silence in the car
  • the mic seems to be muted - no respond to okay google and system didn't hear my voice at all even using the button to activate the google assistant.
  • backup camera went black, - i found out it was caused by my pattern/pin profile setup. Now I have disabled security to my profile and it seems okay now.
  • losing GPS signal - google map dead
  • and the last one, it doesn't recognise my key to adjust my seat position and profile. - this one a reboot didn't fix it. I have to delete the key association to my profile and re-associate the key to my profile and it is working now.

I think it is still some glitch on AAOS just like my Google pixel 6, from time to time you just need to reboot it to have to work properly again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2.2 on my 2022 B5 Inscription and haven't encountered any of these issues.

I do wish there was a way to silence the tick tock of the turn signal though.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a similar issue with the A/C and potentially some other functionality one time before receiving 2.2 (probably 2.0 or 2.1). Reboot of the infotainment system resolved it. I have not seen this or any other problems (yet) with 2.2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the same issue on my 2022 XC60 B5. It happened with version 2.1. Had the software updated to 2.2 on 7/27 and the issue has already happened again. Is there a way to submit bugs?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know @mike22 how to get defects to Volvo but would suggest contacting your local service center. Perhaps if they aggregate it up Volvo will take notice. This forum could serve as a canary in the coal mine, so to speak, since we have participation from so many geographies.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank-you @Walkabout, @hkl00k and @PHEV... I did perform the long-hold to reboot while I was commuting home to resolve it. The funny thing about that was that since my eyes were on the road as my right hand was holding it I knew exactly when the reboot happened because the A/C kicked in immediately. I looked down at the screen at that point and the Volvo logo hadn't even fully appeared yet.

@VolvoCC : I would have thought the firmware update did reboot the infotainment system but it is, perhaps, worth considering once 2.3 rolls out.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Conclusion: Volvo should send all owners with AA OS instructions on how to solve problems if they occur, restarting the system.
The same as solving problems on Android phones, only the difference is $50,000 :eek:

·
Registered
2022 XC60
101 Posts
I had the same problem last month with my 2022 B6. I turned car off and on, no change. I pressed the home button for a long time, never got to the reset screen. I let it sit in the driveway while I had lunch, started it up, everything worked. It went to the dealer the next week for the 10,000 mile service but they could not find any problems. Just last week I started the car and the a/c did not work, everything else was ok. I stopped to get gas and the a/c was back.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@JTRI : That's crazier than my experience (minus the missing turn signal sound). The long hold is L O N G. When the screen cleaning comes on just keep holding it. Eventually the screen should go black as it reboots.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have an appointment to get 2.2 in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed. I’m still on 2.0 since the B5 owners have to go to the dealer for updates. I’m very annoyed I have to do this, one of the big things I liked about this vehicle were the OTA updates. I hope Volvo isn’t going to discriminate/punish the B5 owners for perpetuity.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi magnusBlack

Yes, I had exactly the same faults some months/software versions back (March)
  • No turn signal sound
  • No heating controls (in fact the central display contrast was dimmed right down and all the buttons were grayed out)
At the time I assumed it was the cold frost during the night as when the car warmed up in the sun things came back to life again.

About a month ago the satnav 'voice' guidance stopped working - satnav still worked, just no voice. Did a reboot and it came back again.

Getting into my XC60 each day is like playing the lottery - what will work or not work today. I liken owning a modern Volvo to owning a buggy laptop, I just hope I never have to really depend on the car in an emergency as having to pull over and reboot it is really not on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hi magnusBlack

Yes, I had exactly the same faults some months/software versions back (March)
  • No turn signal sound
  • No heating controls (in fact the central display contrast was dimmed right down and all the buttons were grayed out)
At the time I assumed it was the cold frost during the night as when the car warmed up in the sun things came back to life again.

About a month ago the satnav 'voice' guidance stopped working - satnav still worked, just no voice. Did a reboot and it came back again.

Getting into my XC60 each day is like playing the lottery - what will work or not work today. I liken owning a modern Volvo to owning a buggy laptop, I just hope I never have to really depend on the car in an emergency as having to pull over and reboot it is really not on.
Yes, the reboot fixed things immediately... And that's exactly it. The 'dimmed' display as you describe it. <weird>

·
Registered
15 Posts
@VolvoCC : I would have thought the firmware update did reboot the infotainment system but it is, perhaps, worth considering once 2.3 rolls out.
I thought so too but it doesn't seem to as has been proven, the update downloads, then installs and you turn your car on and the screen starts up straight from the install package. A further 'reboot' is needed after that I have found.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The Bad - When I got in my car tonight to go home the A/C didn't come on. :unsure: I entered the climate menu and tried to hit a button, any button, but they did nothing. I hit home, went back into the climate, and still nothing. I tried the voice prompt, "Turn on air-conditioner" and after several seconds it came back with a message that said something to the effect of, "I can't do that right now, try again later". I figured I'd hack it on the drive home so I popped the windows open. As I exited the parking lot I noticed my turn-signals were making their normal tick/tock sound when activated. The indicator was blinking on the dash like normal but no sound. No one was behind me in the parking lot so put the left blinker on, tried the right blinker, but still no sound yet all the while the indicators on the dash would work. I tried turning off the car and turning it on and still no climate or turn signal sound. I ultimately went with a long hold of the home button to reboot and voila - the A/C came on strong and my turn signals started tick/tocking again.
2 days into picking up this car. I have the exact same issue. In fact I found out at the moment that turn signal not making click sounds there is no audio from the car at all for anything else. I also could not do preconditioning. I used the text message from Volvo app to contact Volvo support. I did the hold center button reset and it fixed it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
@JTRI : That's crazier than my experience (minus the missing turn signal sound). The long hold is L O N G. When the screen cleaning comes on just keep holding it. Eventually the screen should go black as it reboots.
I was told by support rep to hold till Volvo logo (turned out to be about 15 secs) comes then step out and lock the car and then unlock to complete the reset.

·
Registered
2019 S60 T6 Momentum + Polestar
43 Posts
Conclusion: Volvo should send all owners with AA OS instructions on how to solve problems if they occur, restarting the system.
The same as solving problems on Android phones, only the difference is $50,000 :eek:
Yah seriously, geez, I would not be thrilled by my cars basic and essential functions being buggy, not at the price point these are at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same thing happen with my turn signals and a/c. I turned around and went back to the dealership and they said something about the battery needing a boost after they did the "work" so it took about 15 minutes and it was find after that. I have double checked that every time since then though so I don't have to go back!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts