SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Ugh.

Bummer, but I believe there is a TJ for this for 2016s, right guys?
Yes, "TJ31272-2016-04-18 XC90 Sunroof Cassette Rear Leak". I wonder why this is not a recall...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called the local dealer and they stated they don't have a loaner until the 31st. Living 1/2 hour away from the dealer this isn't going to work. Now on hold with volvo customer care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
617 Posts
I called the local dealer and they stated they don't have a loaner until the 31st. Living 1/2 hour away from the dealer this isn't going to work. Now on hold with volvo customer care

What I can say is that you keep your baby very neat! Sorry for the issue you face now.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ugh, sorry man. Been there, done that. Easy fix but annoying. Why are they even letting cars off the lot without the fix?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Mine is getting replaced as I type this

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ugh, sorry man. Been there, done that. Easy fix but annoying. Why are they even letting cars off the lot without the fix?
Thought of you when this happened and it was the exact same scenario. Pulling up to a stop downhill on a driveway and then a substantial amount of water coming out from the rearview mirror housing.

How quickly was the repair made??

This was a headache of an afternoon. The detailer at the dealership had to drive me to the local Enterprise and then to the airport as they didn't have any rentals... Luckily Enterprise at the airport had a rental as Budget, Avis had no vehicles and Hertz quoted me $400 a day to my face...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me too

My16 was leaking there and in the back passenger side of the car. The dealer replaced the gasket but the headliner has been on backorder for a month now. I wonder why?! I will have to take it back to the dealer once it comes in again.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thought of you when this happened and it was the exact same scenario. Pulling up to a stop downhill on a driveway and then a substantial amount of water coming out from the rearview mirror housing.

How quickly was the repair made??

This was a headache of an afternoon. The detailer at the dealership had to drive me to the local Enterprise and then to the airport as they didn't have any rentals... Luckily Enterprise at the airport had a rental as Budget, Avis had no vehicles and Hertz quoted me $400 a day to my face...

It was in for a couple of days as they did a few other things as well. However I now have a nice buzzing rattle in the same place where the leak was from the sunroof ... only happens when it's very cold outise however. I guess some plastic piece that is "stiff" ... i'll deal with it later.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
My repair took about 48 hours once they got to it. All total, 5 business days, but came back spotless and perfect.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Do you know what VIN numbers are effected by this TJ?

Here is what I see in the TJ: Chasses, 0000561-0085430, Build/Structure 201507-201612

1 - 17 of 17 Posts