SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today was the day... I didn't take many interior shots as there really wasn't much to see. This is the first one built and they didn't really install any seats or entertainment devices. There are a lot of exposed wires, A/C units, and ballast devices on the upper deck. The staircase was pretty impressive but they had us herding like cows through it so taking pics wasn't really easy. They wouldn't exactly let us in the cockpit either. They had some mechanics there working on it, so I suppose that may have been a reason.

Enjoy

Gives you an idea of how wide it is..

This little bugger belongs to the A380 chief test pilot. Supposedly one of the smallest planes in the world.

And of course, the A320 seems microscopic compared to our A300s at work, but it really seems small parked next to the 380..lol

And of course, yours truly (on the left) with one of my coworkers who I managed to find amongst the madness..

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Re: A380 @ EAA (nobbe3728)

Would be nice if SAS would replace their A330-340s with the new 380 for their DC to Copenhagen flights!! My OSD customers would like that.
Nice pics Chris!!

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: A380 @ EAA (universityvolvoOSD)

Quote, originally posted by universityvolvoOSD »
Would be nice if SAS would replace their A330-340s with the new 380 for their DC to Copenhagen flights!! My OSD customers would like that.

It would really only be better for them if they bought the first class ticket... Up there you get railcar style seating (facing each other) as well as bigger chairs. The standard seat is pretty much the same here as an A330/340 although they all have LCD screens and the isles are definately bigger.

To it's credit, this thing is amazingly quiet... It flew over us yesterday and we almost missed it had it not been for the gigantic shadow that passed over..lol It's quite nimble too... It made real tight turn from the downwind leg back to the runway at what seemed to be a speed of 80 miles an hour..lol

·
Registered
2,216 Posts

Great pics. That thing is huge!. That must be quiet a ride down the emergency slide from the second deck. Good luck getting passengers with acrophobia onto those slides in an emergency.

Not sure I trust Airbus' true fly by wire system, but I'm sure Boeing is the same way on its newer models.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: A380 @ EAA (BarentsBlueV50)

Quote, originally posted by BarentsBlueV50 »

Not sure I trust Airbus' true fly by wire system, but I'm sure Boeing is the same way on its newer models.

I don't care for the cockpit layout on the newer 'Busses.. The A320 flight deck was designed by Porsche..lol. I don't care for the joystick configurations. In the left seat I had a hard time using my left arm to fly manually in the simulator. It definately takes some time to get used to.

I wish I had a picture, or rather a video of how much those wings flex when it touched down...they have some serious wobble.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts

Quote, originally posted by nobbe3728 »

I wish I had a picture, or rather a video of how much those wings flex when it touched down...they have some serious wobble.

Apparently, it was a hard landing. An aviation "expert" thinks "it sure looks like the aircraft will still be usable."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...lated

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Very nice.

Trying to get on the inaugural Air France flight from Paris --> NYC in November...

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: A380 @ EAA (BarentsBlueV50)

Quote, originally posted by BarentsBlueV50 »

Apparently, it was a hard landing. An aviation "expert" thinks "it sure looks like the aircraft will still be usable."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...lated

Yeah, to me it was more of a stronger x wind landing than anything..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts