SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I need to replace my Front Right CV Axle Shaft.

I have AWD and M/T.
Is there a difference between AWD A/T and M/T shafts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Erik

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I would call volvo and ask but it appears in Vida that it's the same.. Part number 36000561

Its also showing auto and manual compatibility on volvopartswebstore.com

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yes. I'm pretty sure they are different shafts. I believe there is a part catalogue online from Volvo Parts Lisle or Tasca Volvo.

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have vibrations when torque is applied to the wheels at speeds above 45 mph, the vibrations stops when I’m in a downward slope or if I press the clutch pedal.
Not sure if there is a way to repair or fix the drive shaft, a new shaft is about $500.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I have vibrations when torque is applied to the wheels at speeds above 45 mph, the vibrations stops when I’m in a downward slope or if I press the clutch pedal.
Not sure if there is a way to repair or fix the drive shaft, a new shaft is about $500.
No way to fix. Joints not available. :(

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I would call volvo and ask but it appears in Vida that it's the same.. Part number 36000561

Its also showing auto and manual compatibility on volvopartswebstore.com
Your search skills are not up to snuff. Auto & Man are NOT interchangeable - clearly indicated on the webstore.

You can get aftermarket Manual Trans AWD axles on eBay from several sources. $100.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321395740679

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321824482311

different numbers for early chassis (-472491)

36000556 - takes different length bolts I think

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Aftermarket axles click!! Try to stay rebuilt or New OEM (GKN)

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Aftermarket axles click!! Try to stay rebuilt or New OEM (GKN)
I'm pointing out there are options besides paying $500 for one from Volvo. Whether the quality is there to match OEM is really not a question.

I would reboot, personally, and replace the carrier bearing if that's bad. If the CV is worn, it's gonna be a question of available funds, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
It will be a question when he comes here saying he has a vibration in an axle. It was just to serve as a warning when looking so he is educated. From the point it is his choice. Just trying to provide information, not trying to retract your statement!

But yes, if you just have a crack, take the axle out, reboot, refill with moly, and then clamp it back on.

If you have vibration like you say: you should look at this TNN 19271:

DESCRIPTION:
Customers may complain of a vibration, especially while in 2nd or 3rd gear, at an engine speed between1000 and 2000 RPM. Vibrations may be worse in a heavily loaded vehicle or while driving uphill with a heavily loaded vehicle.
SERVICE:
If another root cause cannot be found via normal fault tracing, the front drive shafts should be replaced with the latest version available.
VOLVO for life,
Volvo Cars of North America, LLC Technical Service

WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
LABOR OP
LABOR DESCRIPTION
Driveshaft, Left Front, Replace
Driveshaft, Right Front, Replace
LABOR TIME 0.6 hr
0.8 hr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts