SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

in·ev·i·ta·ble /inˈevitəbəl/
Adjective: Certain to happen; unavoidable: "war was inevitable".
Noun: A situation that is unavoidable.

Anyone have the part number for the convex euro-spec passenger mirror handy?
Also, has anyone tried the eBay mirrors*? $22 shipped is pretty attractive.

*http://tinyurl.com/d6rw9tl

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
The stick on mirrors are OK, but I'd go with the mirrors with the plastic tabs on the back that fit like the OEM glass. Having those big stickers in between the glass and the heating element for the defroster probably renders it useless.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stick on mirrors are OK, but I'd go with the mirrors with the plastic tabs on the back that fit like the OEM glass. Having those big stickers in between the glass and the heating element for the defroster probably renders it useless.
I'm not sure if I have heated mirrors - is there a dedicated button for them? If so mine wasn't configured with it (I am the 2nd owner).

I don't get much usage for heated mirrors anyway down here.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
n23;1967779[b said:
in·ev·i·ta·ble[/b] /inˈevitəbəl/
Adjective: Certain to happen; unavoidable: "war was inevitable".
Noun: A situation that is unavoidable.

Anyone have the part number for the convex euro-spec passenger mirror handy?
Also, has anyone tried the eBay mirrors*? $22 shipped is pretty attractive.

*http://tinyurl.com/d6rw9tl
What happened? It looks like it got shot in the lower right corner.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I'm not sure if I have heated mirrors - is there a dedicated button for them? If so mine wasn't configured with it (I am the 2nd owner).

I don't get much usage for heated mirrors anyway down here.
It's integrated into the rear defroster.

So the glass that fell off is glued to a plastic tray type thing, which contains the heating elements. The glass does not come by itself as a part. If you pull the plastic tray out of your mirror housing you'll see what I mean. The thing with the stick on mirrors is you still have half a part stuck in your mirror housing (the mirror backing). The second result in your eBay link (though it might have changed by now) is what you should be looking for, with the white plastic tabs on the back and the metal female plugs for the heating wiring. It was only $5 more or so.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I bought a pair of stick-on euro convex glass. One of my originals had fallen off and I helped the other side along. Reused the original backing with the tabs for the heating elements, haven't had any issues with them for several years. The convex glass is great...takes a little getting used to, but now I can effectively see cars in my blind spot. I'd highly recommend them.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The second result in your eBay link (though it might have changed by now) is what you should be looking for, with the white plastic tabs on the back and the metal female plugs for the heating wiring. It was only $5 more or so.
This:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-VOLVO-S...el:V70|Submodel:R&hash=item3f1319e100&vxp=mtr

I bought a pair of stick-on euro convex glass. One of my originals had fallen off and I helped the other side along. Reused the original backing with the tabs for the heating elements, haven't had any issues with them for several years. The convex glass is great...takes a little getting used to, but now I can effectively see cars in my blind spot. I'd highly recommend them.
Do you remember where you got them from? Were they Volvo OEM or aftermarket?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hi-I have the mirror from my 05 R-not sure if it will fit a euro spec mirror though. If you find out and are interested I can probablly have it shipped for $20.

·
Registered
284 Posts
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-S60-V70-S80-2003-2007-HEATED-WIDE-ANGLE-MIRROR-GLASS-/370642536417?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AV70&hash=item564c0447e1&_uhb=1#ht_4692wt_1161

I bought both sides from these people back in 09. Mine have the vertical line to separate the curved side from the flat part. Both were heated, and came with small electrical attachments points for the heater wires. They definitely did not come with any plastic parts, just the glass, with some wire running along the back and the attachment points. I re-used the plastic mounting parts which were still attached to the car.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi-I have the mirror from my 05 R-not sure if it will fit a euro spec mirror though. If you find out and are interested I can probablly have it shipped for $20.
Thanks, my mirrors (and car) are USDM but I wanted the convex EU-version instead.

Thanks ydowork, I ordered one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts