SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Eclipse top of the line deck and MB Quartz components. An Eclipse 800 watt amp. The deck is all copper chips and **** it is cool. I also have the stock Alpine 8' open air subs in the back decklid what shall I replace them with ? I was thinking two 10"s and get a box built face them in the holes on the back decklid with a 400 watt amp what do you guys think ?<P>

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
I'm not sure if my cheesy system would be considered as a real premium system. So far I got Alpine MDA-W977J, Brax X2400, Dynaudio X260, X360 crossovers, CHA-S624 Alpine 6 CD-changer along with the original Dynaudio speakers that came with the car. <BR>So far I'm pretty happy with the vocal performance on this car. Best vocal I've heard to date...and well I haven't heard enough high end system yet I guess.<BR>I got a lot of help from Peter, the owner of TheAutophile, maybe he can give you a few pointers. But I'm not sure if he still reads this site since not many of us are true audiophile with big $$$ to spend.<BR>I was planning to get at least one Velodyne 10" until I found out they don't make them anymore. Now I might look into either Focal or even my beloved a.d.s, and there's always other more mainstream brands out there.<BR>The system now is very clean, got a very good depth and the image is as true as it can get. The only problem is the bass. <BR>Hehee..maybe I should go out an buy a Genesis monoblock to go with a sub this X'mas.<P>

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by S70_T5R:<BR><B>I have a Eclipse top of the line deck and MB Quartz components....</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So..no more discussion on this topic anymore??

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Well, we can talk about your system and mine..since you started the topic. <P>800 watt amp, eh? That must be really interesting.......right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts