SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Eclipse top of the line deck and MB Quartz components. An Eclipse 800 watt amp. The deck is all copper chips and **** it is cool. I also have the stock Alpine 8' open air subs in the back decklid what shall I replace them with ? I was thinking two 10"s and get a box built face them in the holes on the back decklid with a 400 watt amp what do you guys think ?

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
I'm not sure if my cheesy system would be considered as a real premium system. So far I got Alpine MDA-W977J, Brax X2400, Dynaudio X260, X360 crossovers, CHA-S624 Alpine 6 CD-changer along with the original Dynaudio speakers that came with the car.
So far I'm pretty happy with the vocal performance on this car. Best vocal I've heard to date...and well I haven't heard enough high end system yet I guess.
I got a lot of help from Peter, the owner of TheAutophile, maybe he can give you a few pointers. But I'm not sure if he still reads this site since not many of us are true audiophile with big $$$ to spend.
I was planning to get at least one Velodyne 10" until I found out they don't make them anymore. Now I might look into either Focal or even my beloved a.d.s, and there's always other more mainstream brands out there.
The system now is very clean, got a very good depth and the image is as true as it can get. The only problem is the bass.
Hehee..maybe I should go out an buy a Genesis monoblock to go with a sub this X'mas.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Well, we can talk about your system and mine..since you started the topic.

800 watt amp, eh? That must be really interesting.......right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts