SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My car was recently making the ping sound from the front end - almost every time I engage R gear in parking lots, so I have been reading posts regarding this.<p>By the way, I wonder if one can also feel something like vibration or shock through the brake pedal while a car makes the ping sound, and if this is what people say "axle spline ping problem"<p>For example, in the morning, I start my car(pressing a brake pedal), finish warm-up, engage R gear, and then I hear the ping or clicking sound with a feeling of vibration through the brake pedal, almost at the same time.<p>While I understand that people ususally talk about the clicking sound to describe the problem, I have not read anything about the shock, so, I am trying to figure out if this is also a kind of the axle problem, or a different one. Thank you in advance!<p>p.s. My car is S40(AT), and it seems that there have not been many issues about this for S40's, so that's why I am not quite sure.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Min actually sounded ike a clunk and not so much a ping per say. It was only once and done in a forward motion. I never had any vobration from it..

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Re: (Cementups)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Cementups</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Min actually sounded ike a clunk and not so much a ping per say. It was only once and done in a forward motion. I never had any vobration from it..</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I agree with the "clunk" sound. I experienced it at speeds under 30mph when I quickly let off the thottle or engaging/disengaging the clutch. No vibration here either.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Re: (I Roll)

I have not had the clunk/ping, but I did have vibration. The shop traced it to warped front rotors. Replacing them (under warranty) fixed it.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: (Filson)

If the vibrating in the foot pedal is when you are at a stand still just engaging the gears D to R or R to D then you probobly have a bad engine mount bushing. Should be covered under warranty. Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts