SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen so many posts on here about retrofitting options to cars that look like a TON of work. Rear heated seats, backup cameras, TFTs, Sensus Systems, gear shift paddles, etc. all look like so much work that it would be easier to sell your car and buy one with the options you want. Well I have a question about a retrofit that I think could be really easy and I'm wondering if anyone has done it, knows the part number, or wants to trade with me because they don't use it (and I'd throw in cash).

I'm talking about the built-in rear booster seat option.

I've taken my rear seat out to clean up after the previous owner's kid. So since I've already done it, I figure swapping out the seat would be a piece of cake. It's just a matter of getting hold of one. Considering how much car seats cost (the expensive ones that mom's insist on), even if the upgraded seat is $500+, it could still be worth it. It was a $500 option I believe.

Any info or previous experience is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I've seen so many posts on here about retrofitting options to cars that look like a TON of work. Rear heated seats, backup cameras, TFTs, Sensus Systems, gear shift paddles, etc. all look like so much work that it would be easier to sell your car and buy one with the options you want. Well I have a question about a retrofit that I think could be really easy and I'm wondering if anyone has done it, knows the part number, or wants to trade with me because they don't use it (and I'd throw in cash).

I'm talking about the built-in rear booster seat option.

I've taken my rear seat out to clean up after the previous owner's kid. So since I've already done it, I figure swapping out the seat would be a piece of cake. It's just a matter of getting hold of one. Considering how much car seats cost (the expensive ones that mom's insist on), even if the upgraded seat is $500+, it could still be worth it. It was a $500 option I believe.

Any info or previous experience is greatly appreciated.
TON of work is a relative term, depending on may factors. As for the statement is easier to sell your can and buy one with the options you want....again relative term. Certain options were never offered on certain earlier model years in the US. (i.e. heated rear seats never offer in US on 2011-2012 model years with T5 motor; I do not believe TFT was available prior to MY2014, gear paddle shifters MY2015+ etc). If you have a low mileage car that you have owned since day one, is paid off, and you are more likely to know what has been done and what has broke. It's much easier and usually cheaper to add a few options then take out a loan to pay for a new car that may be mystery waiting to happen. PLUS, if you happen to really like the 5 or 6 cylinder engines, that can really limit your search.

As for your question on the integrated booster seat, reach out to Erie Volvo. More than likely they have one from a V60 they can sell you, or check their ebay store. Installation should be straight forward as the bottom rear bench seat is held in with two plastic clips.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TON of work is a relative term, depending on may factors. As for the statement is easier to sell your can and buy one with the options you want....again relative term. Certain options were never offered on certain earlier model years in the US. (i.e. heated rear seats never offer in US on 2011-2012 model years with T5 motor; I do not believe TFT was available prior to MY2014, gear paddle shifters MY2015+ etc). If you have a low mileage car that you have owned since day one, is paid off, and you are more likely to know what has been done and what has broke. It's much easier and usually cheaper to add a few options then take out a loan to pay for a new car that may be mystery waiting to happen. PLUS, if you happen to really like the 5 or 6 cylinder engines, that can really limit your search.

As for your question on the integrated booster seat, reach out to Erie Volvo. More than likely they have one from a V60 they can sell you, or check their ebay store. Installation should be straight forward as the bottom rear bench seat is held in with two plastic clips.
Thanks for letting me know about Erie Volvo. They don't have exactly what I need right now, but it looks like something they would come across. I sent them a message to let them know what I am looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts