SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does A-Plan pricing compare with the Costco Auto Program?

(In general, because XC40 not available through Costco now, at least not locally.)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dealer asked me if i was a Costco member and he gave me $1500 off right out of the gate, even though XC40 is NOT discounted by Costco yet! I think they assume if they do that then there is no further bargaining, but i digress. Had no idea about the A-plan.
Does the A-Plan apply to dealerships or only when you order the car?

·
Registered
102 Posts
The current A-Plan on the XC40 applies only to 2019 in stock models. There’s also a $750 elite bonus.

Once 2019’s are gone the A-Plan will probably be extended to the 2020 models and hopefully to orders.

A-Plan may apply to orders. It just depends on the current terms.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The current A-Plan on the XC40 applies only to 2019 in stock models. There’s also a $750 elite bonus.

Once 2019’s are gone the A-Plan will probably be extended to the 2020 models and hopefully to orders.

A-Plan may apply to orders. It just depends on the current terms.
What's the Elite bonus?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Costco expired July 1, so a-plan is way better since it exists currently.

A-plan is ~6% off plus $750 bonus plus standard incentives/rebates.

The big difference when costco was available is that a dealer could, if they wanted to, negotiate a price lower than the costco offer. As of a little over a year ago, if you use a-plan, you get the a-plan price. There's no negotiating further. This is more relevant on the other models available right now as discounts significantly higher than 6% can be negotiated on them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
How does A-plan pricing work?! I tried registering but the site asked for a code. I contacted Volvo and they sent me an email saying that its a "corporate partner program"! I don't know what that means..... Is it a discount for corporate fleets or what?

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
How does A-plan pricing work?! I tried registering but the site asked for a code. I contacted Volvo and they sent me an email saying that its a "corporate partner program"! I don't know what that means..... Is it a discount for corporate fleets or what?
Your employee needs to join/register with A-plan. Dealer can find the code too once they know your employee.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Got an email back from Volvo saying that the A-Plan does not apply to private buyers. (bummer) Only Corporate buyers.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
You have to qualify for A plan... I always encourage folks to join VCOA. Like Costco you have to be a member for a full year prior. As others said, Costco is over for the year, so A plan is better... Costco was not applicable to XC40 and A plan only became available in July for '19 XC40.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought mine in January and used Costco pricing. I saved about $1,500. It was hard to find a dealership that honored the pricing. In the end I had to go out of state.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got an email back from Volvo saying that the A-Plan does not apply to private buyers. (bummer) Only Corporate buyers.
This isn't really true. You can't apply to be part of a-plan as a private buyer, but the deals are done for private buyers. Basically the company you work for (or other things like VCOA) have to join A-plan, but as an employee/member, you have access to the prices for your personal vehicle.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This isn't really true. You can't apply to be part of a-plan as a private buyer, but the deals are done for private buyers. Basically the company you work for (or other things like VCOA) have to join A-plan, but as an employee/member, you have access to the prices for your personal vehicle.
So retirees like me are basically hosed! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
102 Posts
A salesperson told me today that the A-Plan won’t apply to 2020 XC40s until mid-2020. I do not know his source.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
447 Posts
So retirees like me are basically hosed! :rolleyes:
https://www.volvocarsofnaples.com/what-is-the-a-plan-program.htm
The A-Plan Program by Volvo is a unique program that is offered by Volvo USA to certain individuals who either work for, are retired from or a part of a Volvo Partner company. This program allows eligible individuals to lease or purchase new Volvo vehicles at special pre-negotiated discount rates. These rates are the same ones that Volvo employees pay.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Currently, on most volvos (the xc40 possibly being the one exception), one can negotiate a better deal without a-plan than with, so even if you have access to it, it doesn't make sense to use it.
It makes sense to "review" it to set a baseline for your negotiations and see if you can improve over the A-Plan.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts