SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several of us have it. Mine occurs (so far) only when the temperature inside the car gets quite hot and only from the driver's side.

Is there an official fix yet? Or has anyone solved it on their own?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Mine only happens with the window down. It does happen more frequent when it's hot but will happen in the morning when cooler on mine as well. No fix. I haven't been able to completely isolate exactly where the noise is coming from but the A pillar sounds close.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mine is a regular. 60 degrees this morning, windows up, squeak-fest. I can grab the pillar and make the sound happen on demand, and I am assuming a little felt will solve it...I hope it isn't more involved than that.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Maybe mr moose can submit a tech journal to Volvo , as all these cars are under warranty for 36k miles thx
They are under warranty way longer than that my friend.

I haven't personally heard this issue but id like to assist in repairing it with you guys. who's going to be my test subject?

If this works out, I'll submit a TJ for the rest for sure .... But I will need pictures also

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I don't know if anyone beyond me has actually brought their car into the dealer for this yet. My Tech hasn't been able to fix it because my issue is different in that we can't pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from and more importantly reproduce it regularly. They were willing to keep my car overnight for testing but i didn't want them to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.