SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don'y normally hang on this side of the forum, I'm a little new to this!

A few days ago I heard my brother was car shopping down in Vancouver, I knew he was looking for a work van so I jokingly sent him the ad for a 1990 760, asking $500. I, knowing my brother quite well, was expecting to see a mid 80's Chevy van pull up in our driveway yesterday evening. Instead, while on a trip to the beer store, I saw a beautiful, white wagon driving past....

...with my brother's mug sticking out the window. Hah.

She's a beaut, with 338 thousand miles, or 543 thousand km!. So far, with a little research, I have discovered we need some kind of fix for the nivomat rear end (sugguestions?), some new power steering fluid to replace the brown crap in there, and redo the front brakes! It really wobbles when braking. Runs like a top though!

Since I'm new to redblock maintenance, what do we need to look out for? Timing belt was done at 263K miles, head gasket at the same time. Stay tuned for updates!

·
Registered
17,464 Posts
Lucky! 760 wagons still have a solid rear axle so get some bilstein tourings and ipd overload springs to bring it back up to height. Your braking wobble may be bad ball joints and stay arm bushings in addition to rotors. We just fixed that on the 94 945.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lucky! 760 wagons still have a solid rear axle so get some bilstein tourings and ipd overload springs to bring it back up to height. Your braking wobble may be bad ball joints and stay arm bushings in addition to rotors. We just fixed that on the 94 945.
funny.. In the service records it shows springs being replaced.... yet it still sags. Weird.

·
Registered
17,464 Posts
funny.. In the service records it shows springs being replaced.... yet it still sags. Weird.
All Volvo rear springs sag. Take a look underneath it'll be obvious if it's solid axle.

·
Registered
17,464 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts