SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A non-scathing V5 review! (AAA/Parents Magazine)

Okay as an antidote to Milwaukee's worst auto journalist...

http://www.parents.com/parents...2.xml

The Best Family Cars for 2006

Parents magazine and the American Automobile Association present the top 15 vehicles for families.

http://www.parents.com/parents...age=6

Crossovers

With their sure handling and gas-mileage numbers that beat most SUVs, crossovers have become the new station wagon.

Volvo V50
$26,490 to $29,915; 19 mpg city/32 mpg highway

Family Frills The V50 is a great choice for parents who want to transport the family in a bit more style. The ultra-modern instrument panel belongs in a Swedish design studio. Yet this wagon has substance too: The upholstery is durable and easy to clean. The back has loads of room for strollers and luggage. Front and rear air bags, stability control, antilock brakes, and traction control are standard features. And the V50 is available with built-in booster seats, a huge convenience if you have a preschooler or if you carpool frequently.

Real-Life Road Test "This car had lots of pep and handled well. Two toddlers fit comfortably in back. The cargo space is too small if you're packing for a vacation, but it's fine for sports gear or groceries." --Mary Hickey, articles editor, Parents

Safety Ratings NHTSA: Not tested. IIHS: The structurally similar Volvo S40 earned a Good rating.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: A non-scathing V5 review! (Dede)

Yeah, Jalopnik always gets steamed when the V50 is refered to as a crossover also.

I believe the term Jalopnik used to describe the V50 was "a freaking wagon".

I don't like the term wagon, so I always add the word "Sport" infront when describing my wagon.

But a V50 is no Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser. I mean, you could literally cruise the vistas in that thing.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Re: A non-scathing V5 review! (Dede)

It probably has something to do with the height of the AWD version
. I mean, there's def more wheel gap there than a Pacifica!

Quote, originally posted by Dede »
Quite intersting that they call the v50 a crossover ?! DuH!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.