SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I been reading the forums for a while now and thought Id introduce myself, My wife and I are new to the Volvo family. We recently ordered an XC60 and XC90 through the Miltary sales program.

XC60 T5 - Premier - Electric Silver / Blonde on Black interior. Ordered 18-May delivered to USA West Coast Dealer 25-August and we've loved it since day one.

I got the VIN for my XC90 this week.. Looking forward to the shipment here in a couple weeks.
XC90 T6 / Inscription / Osmium Grey - Amber / Vision & Convenience Packages.

18-May ordered with estimated build date of 15-Sept
28-Sept got VIN, actual production week
30-Oct -> 2-Nov Gothenburg -> Zeebrugge
5-Nov -> 5-Dec Zeebrugge -> Hueneme
15 Dec Released on way to dealer
21 Dec, in my garage!!!
Expected delivery Late Nov (hopefully) <-- they missed it

I was promised CarPlay when I bought it as it was supposed to be delivered mid-Nov, however Volvo missed their production date and is delivering over a month late. I don't know what to expect at this point.

Pictures to come down the road!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well done and welcome! We are new to the Volvo family too this year and loving the car and the forum:partywave:

Mike

·
Registered
381 Posts
Congratulations to both of you!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Congrats and welcome........

·
Registered
361 Posts
I can relate directly to your situation. I never thought we'd be a two Volvo household. I've always been a luxury road-car fan. But my wife's 2013 XC60 impressed me. So when I test drove the new XC90.... Well, she had to have the new XC60 because I ordered the XC90... and it will also be here in a couple of weeks, Joaquin permitting. Enjoy your rides.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I wonder what the percentage of SS members have multiple Volvos???

I'm betting it's more than 50%.....kind of interesting!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
My wife bought a XC60 RD in May 2014 after she was involved in a major car accident in her Scion TC. I finally bought my own Volvo last month because I never realized how awesome they are. I was a Nissan guy because my parents drove Nissans. My V60 RD puts a smile on my face every time I hit the gas pedal.

So yes we are a new Volvo Family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
Welcome. I am also new to the Volvo family. I just got my car, but I am loving every minute of it. If Volvo keeps up with the design and tech, I may look to the S90 in the future as a second car.

·
Registered
127 Posts
4B_Volvo is probably an officer or a Senior NCO. I'm an active duty E7 with two new Volvos

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Military must pay better than when I was active duty lol.
Well.... My wife is a senior officer and Im a civilian in the software industry. We just came back from overseas and I can tell you that Volvo gives the military a pretty good deal, and I know a lot of families that picked up two of them.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
My wife bought a XC60 RD in May 2014 after she was involved in a major car accident in her Scion TC. I finally bought my own Volvo last month because I never realized how awesome they are. I was a Nissan guy because my parents drove Nissans. My V60 RD puts a smile on my face every time I hit the gas pedal.

Gorgeous photo. I love how the two cars match!!!

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I know where that is. :)

Did they take care of the items you and I discussed via PM?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, but at a later date. The didn't have it to install yet. I'll let you know when it happens. (Also your PM inbox is full)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

Very cool. Which one do you like better?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
My wife likes her XC60 because it's higher. I love my V60 because it's lighter and faster.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts