SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

A new owner of a '13 S60 T6 R-Design

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  db130 
#1 · (Edited)
This was an accident-free 1-owner trade-in at a local Toyota dealer and they had replaced the front and rear pads and rotors prior to putting it up for sale. It has 66k on the odometer, with a local Volvo dealer having performed the 40k, 50k, and 60k service. It even came with 2 new sets of Volvo floor mats.

I just picked it up this afternoon. It is 100% stock and in pretty good shape for a 2013.

Here are some pictures of the car as it currently sits.

It came with very few options to speak of (just the way I like it). First thing to change will likely be the TFT display retrofit.

See less See more
#5 ·
I test drove that car. It felt pretty solid. Did they fix the highway vibration?
I'm going to go with yes, because i haven't noticed any vibration yet (although I've only driven it about 40 miles so far).

#7 ·
Very nice, congrats!

I have an XC R-Design with the Polestar tuned T6, can’t imagine that power in a sedan. :eek:

Always loved the Ixion wheels too, would like to find a set for mine. 20” Cratus doesn’t leave much room for error with the fine PA roads...:(

Joe

#8 ·
#11 · (Edited)
The first order of business was to try a BMS reset, as I was getting a "low battery" warning shortly after turning off the engine.

Here are my specs after waiting 4-6 hours overnight:

Now mind you... this is presumed to be the original battery and it's down to 450 CCA out of its original spec of 600 CCA. I will likely replace it before winter hits with a larger Group Size T7/92 battery (just look at all that extra available space in the battery compartment):

#14 · (Edited)
Resetting the BMS *did* help with the low battery message popping up almost immediately turning off the engine, but it's not going to help revive a bad battery or a bad alternator.

As for the color, it's Electric Silver.

Here's the larger replacement T7 battery in the tray:

#15 ·
I installed the Powerflex engine mount insert, p/n PFF88-1030 this morning:

Also, I ordered a TFT display from LKQ but they sent me an analog display, a beat-up one at that. While they are sending me a prepaid shipping label for a refund, I did find a TFT display for a great price from an eBay vendor. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the eBay one.

Here's the analog one that LKQ sent me:

#16 ·
I bought the IPD rear sway bar during their recent fall sale and installed it this afternoon.

Additionally, I tried a test fit of a c30 17" wheel, it does clear the front calipers and has room for wheel weights, but it is snug.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Additionally, I tried a test fit of a c30 17" wheel, it does clear the front calipers and has room for wheel weights, but it is snug.
Looks similar to the clearance of the 16s on our V60CC T5

#19 ·
It made a modest difference on my '12 R-Design without making the ride any harsher, so I would imagine something similar for the OP.

There's a bit more lift-throttle oversteer available and the car feels a bit more planted in sweepers. Had my parents in town and my father commented that he was impressed with how flat the car stayed in corners. But he normally drives a Honda Pilot so his baseline for body roll is probably a bit skewed. 😄

Overall, I really like my car with the IPD swaybar; there's definitely more ability to adjust the car's cornering line with the throttle but it's not severe enough to be problematic on the street. At the end of the day, it's still a heavy car with a lot of weight up front so you're still going to see understeer when you're on the throttle but I still recommend the swaybar upgrade.

#20 ·
It has rained steadily since the install and I have had maybe 50 miles of wheel time since. It does seem to corner flatter now, and it seems to be a good match for the R-Design's lower and stiffer factory suspension.

#22 ·
For the BMS reset, you'll need a working VIDA/VICE setup. I've highlighted where to go in post #11 to reset it.

#23 · (Edited)
I picked up a set of 18x8 ET45 Konig Oversteer wheels from a local seller last month who used to have a Focus ST, it came with Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires with about 70-80% tread.

I didn't get to put them on until today (and they probably will be pulled in favor of winter rolling stock in a week or two). To date, this is the only set of used wheels I've ever bought that didn't have any curb damage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.