41 - 60 of 1698 Posts

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Does your shifter light up?

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
It should. Yours is a 2012 and so is mine.

Hah, you, CC, and myself will all have almost the same car plus minus variations on engine, wheels, and metallic paint.
2013 here.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hmm, I don't have the illuminated shifter then. Oh well, I'm pretty sure I've seen a retrofit guide somewhere.

As for wheels? I'm still undecided, but I did just buy a 07 S80 V8 parts car with a set of Zubras on it. So I have a set of them, Meracs, Balius, Venators, and maybe a complete set of Fortunas on hand. I wish the car didn't have Pirelli's on it as they are always such a pain to mount and balance.

·
Super Moderator
8,510 Posts
Hmm, I don't have the illuminated shifter then. Oh well, I'm pretty sure I've seen a retrofit guide somewhere.

As for wheels? I'm still undecided, but I did just buy a 07 S80 V8 parts car with a set of Zubras on it. So I have a set of them, Meracs, Balius, Venators, and maybe a complete set of Fortunas on hand. I wish the car didn't have Pirelli's on it as they are always such a pain to mount and balance.
From this sticky:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...-XC70-Part-Number-amp-quot-How-to-quot-Thread

This thread:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?192497-2013-Style-Shifter-Retrofit

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
The Pirellis on these cars SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. Other than that, no strong feelings on those tires.

Those are some decent wheels you have lying around. I'm a huge fan of the Bors 19" that came on some S80s, too. Heavy, but great design, imho.

There is definitely a retrofit for the illuminated shifter handle out there. I've seen it, too. (EDIT: IT MAGICALLY APPEARED ABOVE ME!!!!!!)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Meh. They look like inexpensive Ford wheels. no offense

·
Registered
5,617 Posts

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
THAT is a cool shifter.
It's cool, makes it look more classy. Little practical value though. Definitely a non-essential lol. Honestly I think I would go after the wood accordion that prolix mentioned.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
No offense taken. To paraphrase one of my favorite passages, "as dreams populate the mind of one with many cares, so also are thoughts of wheels when there is much work yet to be done." Emphasis my own.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk
As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear god, protect my ride.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Two wheel fitments.

A 19 off an s80

A 20 off my Jaguar that actually has the "correct" tire size at 255/35-20.

I didn't get much done on the car today, but I did get to drive this.

It's a little difficult to see, but it's a T8 Excellence.

And the biggest pleasant surprise that I did not realize they got

There is a glass barrier behind the rear seats making for a more "sealed" driving compartment making for a very quiet driving experience.

41 - 60 of 1698 Posts