SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1698 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

Subscribed and all I got (for now) was this....T-...

You have some great reviews [email protected]

2/7/2016

My 05 Volvo was rear-end destroyed & that car saved my life. I researched on dealers for days then drove 6 hours into the lovely VA mountains with old farms all around (a Mennonite community I believe) to get to the most amazing Volvo rehab facility you will find anywhere. There are thousands of used Volvos on hand for them to pull parts from (it is like the Forest Lawn of Volvos), a body shop just for Volvos & mechanics just for Volvos with decades of experience in obtaining insurance-written off Volvos with surprising little damage (they give you "before" pictures for the cars you consider). Lynn and his family/workers know everything about Volvos & they do all the body work/mechanical work themselves to bring you a tip-top shape car with seriously low miles (my 07 xc70 has 57k miles & is beautiful) for thousands of dollars less than you can find anywhere else. What is more, Lynn and his community up there have old-world values of hard work, integrity, honesty, modesty, and lack of greed. They have pride in what they do & they want you to have a good reliable & safe car. I have purchased 12 cars in my lifetime and have never had a car-buying experience like this. It is like an old world craftsman built you a custom piece of furniture & can tell you everything about it & you can enjoy it with confidence for many years. I drove my 07 xc70 that I bought from them 310 miles back to coastal NC after that through rain & some sleet with zero problems. They even have a 2-month / 2k miles warranty should anything go wrong. Even more, I know I can call Lynn & get his decades of specialty knowledge in Volvos to help with whatever might come up. If you want safety #1 get a Volvo. If you want that unparalleled level of experience/expertise and integrity to get a really fine car with low miles and a seriously good price, hit the road for L & B Auto up in Rustburg, VA.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?215040-2010-S80-T6-Executive-Feeler

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Aww, you're going to make me blush on the reviews. We've always built the business by our reputation, primarily by word of mouth and very little payed advertising. We've always had a long game focus in mind where we seek to create lasting relationships and repeat customers rather than maximum profits from all transactions.

Man, you're pulling up old history on that executive. I sold that, 2 or 3 years ago? My time lines do get mixed up. That was right about the time things got really difficult. I put it up for sale with plans to get a lovely white 2009 CL550 4matic, but life got in the way and we ended up scaling way back and got the high milage XC. In retrospect, it was an excellent unfortunate turn of events.

Coincidentally I got my first CL in late December and my first v12. What goes around comes around.

Here's my Jag and Benz together.

20 cylinders, 2 turbos, and 1 supercharger producing a combined 900 hp.

Haha, and because you will probably ask, the XJ rides on 20's, but only 19's on the CL.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts

·
Registered
15,477 Posts
I hope you guys do all attend Carlisle. I'm planning on it. Rained like crazy last year but still fun to be a part of one of the largest volvo and Saab gatherings in the nation among other marques. Always a good time and fun to meet members. This year we have to get user names on shirts, so when you're not with your ride people know who you are. Scottish mentioned it last year, but it was too late to plan. I vote for gold on black...
I'm about an hour or so away. Day tripper with no camping for me.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Three discoveries today to the end out the weekend

1) The car has a transmission cooler thermostat. A 2008 T6 does not and a 2011 S60 T6 doesn't have one either. Mine is broken and I will need to order a replacement. Thankfully they aren't particularly expensive with a retail or $150-190.

2) The car will have to go on a frame machine as the bumper bar bolts don't quite line up. I will take pictures of the car while it's on the racks, but this will be a set back on the otherwise blitzing schedule.

3) I found the original window sticker in the car

A couple set backs but decent progress for the first week of ownership.

Here is the other T6 I got in that has a cosmetically very nice set of wheels and comparable tires that I could swap with.

Thinking about what other wheel options I have around in an 18" size and I would be curious to see a Balious on one. I know I've seen Zubras and non-chrome Venators represented a few times to reasonable success. The Venators is growing on me, but I suppose I could put pegs on it too. I really get tired of seeing Pegs on most things as it's the "go to choice," but set on a newer car can look ace. Odysseus is my one of my favorite 18" wheels from the p3 generation but I'm not sure how it will look on an XC.

Fortuna could stay on the table too...

Anyone want to photoshop me some wheels? :)

·
Registered
15,477 Posts
Are the wheels on the t6 wagon you're fixing bad? I far prefer those. Non chrome venators may be sweet. Dang. Good luck (I know YOU can do it) getting all that electronic crap to work up front again. Sweet car. Loving the progress, but freaks me out that those are parked so close together. :)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Eh, the electronics aren't very bad at all. It's modular plug and play for the most part. It's actually a lot easier to sort out what is and is not working on newer cars than the older ones. Haha, or I should say, it is easier when you have the right diagnostic equipment. For the most part things communicate or they don't, CAN is up or it's down and being able to get live data out of everything makes for convenient diagnostics.

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,760 Posts
3) I found the original window sticker in the car :)

Dang; That's a fully optioned XC70 you found. Congrats!!! It's going to look great when you get it all put back together.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
That's my exact XC70 package, Prolix. Fully optioned. It's cool to see what my window sticker would have looked like!

And I LOVE the "getting parts vehicle".

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Same options as my P3XC. You're going to love that adaptive cruise! The only option I didn't get is uhm .. the T6 P*.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Three discoveries today to the end out the weekend

Thinking about what other wheel options I have around in an 18" size and I would be curious to see a Balious on one. I know I've seen Zubras and non-chrome Venators represented a few times to reasonable success. The Venators is growing on me, but I suppose I could put pegs on it too. I really get tired of seeing Pegs on most things as it's the "go to choice," but set on a newer car can look ace. Odysseus is my one of my favorite 18" wheels from the p3 generation but I'm not sure how it will look on an XC.

Fortuna could stay on the table too...

Anyone want to photoshop me some wheels? :)

Or here, a crazy photoshop selection I did with my XC70 when I wanted to go for other wheels. Finally I went for the LEDA. 18"

·
Registered
15,477 Posts
That's a lot of work you did there, CC.
Candor and Bor get my votes.:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
That's a lot of work you did there, CC.
Candor and Bor get my votes.:thumbup::thumbup:
I hear you but tbh; on a XC there need to be thick spokes imho. On a V70 they "may" be thin. But this is very very personal ofcourse. No offense to lovely thin spokes on XC's... just taste differences here.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
I hear you but tbh; on a XC there need to be thick spokes imho. On a V70 they "may" be thin. But this is very very personal ofcourse. No offense to lovely thin spokes on XC's... just taste differences here.
CrossingCountries, I appreciate your efforts, but your photoshop efforts make all the wheels look the same size, ie, about a 20" to 21." Haha, everyone's a critic, right?

Interestingly enough, my wife commented that she actually really liked the Balius. Not sure how I feel about that since I agree with you that an XC needs thicker, more "rugged" spokes.

FYI, the Evoque has a very similar design wheel to the one on your car now in a 19" as the base wheel and can be had pretty reasonably second hand. I've not completely ruled it out...

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Looks great! There is an app in the (Dutch) appstore from VOLVO that allows you to change rims on your car. Thats what I used, no photoshop. Think they changed/updated the app lately. Nice feature but not sure if it can be found in the US store. Those wheels realy look similar, didnt know, nothing wrong with them. Thick spokes, nice.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I got that wood piece from Volvo, costs $100.

There are at least two types of wood, the first one I got from a donor car and it did not match the rest. I think it´s called "Dark wood".

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I did not know that piece could be had separately. Huh, good to know! Do you remember what the part number was? I seem to be having trouble pulling it up in Volvo's parts catalog.

And @CC, I've seen the aluminum interior trim on a couple of potential donor cars, but, I think they were all S80s. Fully interchangeable though.

I'm going to hold off buying extra trim pieces until I actually make the car road worthy though. Once all final costs are tallied, then I will know what extra I have to spend.

21 - 40 of 1698 Posts