SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly Hi all,

Purchased this V70 after selling off our old 850 T5 (loved that cult) but after having it for a few weeks have some minor problems.

Firstly the remote locking, After locking with the fob, I try and unlock with the physical key, which works but wont deactivate the motion sensor inside the car and as soon as I open the door sets the alarm off - is this normal, no problem for now, it's just I can just imagine the remote's battery running out and then trying to open it with the key and setting off the alarm!?

While I'm on the locking subject - I've had trouble unlocking the tailgate a few times now. Phoned up the dealer who said that it can come "out of sync" with the rest of the car locks - how do I stop this?

Finally while on locking - I read in the manual that the car locks its self after 2 mins - but I have yet to witness this? Has it been turned off?

Next, how do I get the rain sensing wipers to stay on from startup - they reset to default every time take the key out, it's just annoying to turn them on all the time.

And finally I'm not a huge fan of DSTC, but it came with the car. I know how to turn it off (but I still feel it's not totally off) using the RESET button on the indicator stalk, but is there a way to keep this off. As with the rain sensors, it seems to reset to default ON every time I take the key out. Just a little boring to drive with it on in normal sunny conditions compared with my old 850!

I think tats all for now!

Many thanks
Brad

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Re: A few quickish questions - 07' V70 (Brad999)

Can't answer the others, but:

Quote, originally posted by Brad999 »

Finally while on locking - I read in the manual that the car locks its self after 2 mins - but I have yet to witness this? Has it been turned off?

This only happens if you unlock the doors but then don't open any of them. In that case, it assumes you unlocked by accident and re-locks them.

Next, how do I get the rain sensing wipers to stay on from startup - they reset to default every time take the key out, it's just annoying to turn them on all the time.

You can't. This is for our "protection." It protects the wipers of those folks who might drive into a carwash with the rainsensor on and have the wipers ripped of.

And finally I'm not a huge fan of DSTC, but it came with the car. I know how to turn it off (but I still feel it's not totally off) using the RESET button on the indicator stalk, but is there a way to keep this off. As with the rain sensors, it seems to reset to default ON every time I take the key out. Just a little boring to drive with it on in normal sunny conditions compared with my old 850!

Again, for your safety, Volvo prefers to default this safety system to ON so you have to consciously make the decision to go without it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.