SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dem heat shield and subframe inserts. Can't wait to install those subframe inserts! They made a huge difference on my old BMW E34.

Sent while in DEFCON Brown.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Dem heat shield and subframe inserts. Can't wait to install those subframe inserts! They made a huge difference on my old BMW E34.

Sent while in DEFCON Brown.
Dont forget some installationpictures to share with us. Will be interesting so hear about the feeling of the inserts, thinking about order them this weekend.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont forget some installationpictures to share with us. Will be interesting so hear about the feeling of the inserts, thinking about order them this weekend.
I realized this morning they had a 10-15% off sale this weekend. Check your mounts out first if you can, they won't do much for them if your existing mounts are destroyed. My wife's C70 mounts are beyond anything. I'm just going to put new ones on her car.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Just dropped subframe + bushings off at Pep Boys, charged me 1 hour (probably took them 20-30 minutes).

Before putting in the inserts, the new bushings need to be cut open. Exacto blade works fine.
I had one insert that kept squirting out on one side. This was the back-left bushing. So put the subframe mount and slowly pressed the insert in with the mount cover. Adjusted it a few times with screwdriver so the mount didnt crush the Ipd insert.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts