SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

a day late!!!.....what did I miss???

930 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Nato740 
#1 ·
At work today someone told me that she sold a car yesterday. Her father, who is now deceased bought it new. She was thrilled to get $1000. Why am I posting this? Because it was a 1964 Volvo! She had no clue whether it was a 122, 544 or a P1800. Her description leads me to believe it was a 544 but that's very uncertain. I have no idea whether it was a nice, garaged, orginal or a rust bucket that had been sitting under a pine tree for ten years. But South Carolina does tend to be kind to metal. She said that it ran but needed brakes and paint. I have seen her at work for two years and never once did she mention having this car! So close yet so far!
It does show that they are still out there waiting for us to find them.

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: a day late!!!.....what did I miss??? (ncvolvobob)

WOW where in SC was this? I saw a Volvo on a trailer the other day here being towed. I am sure it was a 122 and not a 544 thou. AS everytime i see a 544 i think I am seing a old ford till i get closer and know it is a 3/4 scale one if so. Interesting to see if it was the same one i saw here.

Modified by Nato740 at 3:37 PM 3-15-2006

#7 ·
It could have been a 122 as she had no idea. I'm not exactly sure which town but it was probably in the Spartanburg/Greer/Greenville area. I'm just "north of the border" in Columbus, NC.

I'm not actively searching for an older Volvo right now but if a deal like that came along..... I would like to add a 544 to the fleet someday. I like the style of those. My father owned 3 of them, including 1 new one, when I was a child. I never got to drive one but he sings their praises as his favorite Volvo.

#8 ·
Re: (ncvolvobob)

Oh ok ncvolvobob. I am in summerville/charleston area so a trailered one could have been the one i saw. AS greenville/spartanburg/greer is a straight shot up Rt26 from here more or less. Will have to go and ask the guy that works on mine, if he knows of a new 122/544 in the area. He is most likey the one that will be working on it if so. Most if not ALL the P1800's in the area have been to him at one time or another. Last time i was there with the 965, I saw a really nice and ran well P1800ES Wagon in dark green. Thou it had isssues and was a bit under taken care of till it got there. OD did not work and it had only 3rd and 4th gear. Drivers door jammed as well getting in and out at times. Am sure it did not leave like that thou. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.