SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recharged my system last night and everything was doing well. I have never used the A/C before and I have owned the car for 4 years now. The system was plowing ice cold air last night and the compressor was running. Today I get into the car and drive it to work and I notice that the compressor is going on and off every few seconds. Is it a leak? Bad sensor? If I by pass the sensor on the top of the hose near the fire wall then the compressor will stay on.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: A/C trouble need help (Volvo55)

You sir have a leak. When the compressor cycles on and off there is no freon in the system. You can do a die treatment to see where the leaks are.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: A/C trouble need help (850arrrsaylikepirate)

Yeah, just took it out for a long ride. After I shut off car I heard a hissing noise coming from the glove box. My guess is it’s a minor leak but cost an arm and a leg. The r-134a I put in it last night had a stop leak additive in it but my guess is it's not going to do much.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: A/C trouble need help (Volvo55)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Volvo55</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, just took it out for a long ride. After I shut off car I heard a hissing noise coming from the glove box<B>. My guess is it’s a minor leak </B>but cost an arm and a leg. The r-134a I put in it last night had a stop leak additive in it but my guess is it's not going to do much.</TD></TR></TABLE><p><br><B>NO, that would be a major leak!</B>

·
Registered
428 Posts
Re: A/C trouble need help (JRL)

If it is loud enough to hear as a hiss from the glovebox area, I would say that he does have a major leak, and that it is most likely his evaporator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts