SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’d be nice to have a simple A/C control on/off at the bottom of the home screen, rather than having to navigate to the climate screen...find the a/c button...navigate back

That’d turn three clicks to just one and be safer (only need to briefly take eyes off road once)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts
You should be able to use voice commands for this.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be able to use voice commands for this.
I was just thinking the same thing

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
“Hey Siri (...or Alexa)...turn up the fan speed x 2”

·
Registered
183 Posts
Unfortunately voice command works ONLY once you have the climate control on

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Seems like a solution in search of a problem.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why turn climate control off (while driving)?
I can’t really answer this properly other than to say:
Sometimes when I get in the car:
- The previous person has left it on. But now it’s morning and cold...so pretty quickly, cold air hits my face. I like air hitting my face...just not air with icicles.
It takes time to get to a comfortable temp and in the meantime, turning a/c off solves the problem.
- the previous person has left it off and it’s now hot inside. And I’m in a hurry to get going so I need to drive now. And I didn’t realise the a/c was off because last time I used it, it was on

TL/DR
life happened

All in jest, of course

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can’t really answer this properly other than to say:
Sometimes when I get in the car:
- The previous person has left it on. But now it’s morning and cold...so pretty quickly, cold air hits my face. I like air hitting my face...just not air with icicles.
It takes time to get to a comfortable temp and in the meantime, turning a/c off solves the problem.
- the previous person has left it off and it’s now hot inside. And I’m in a hurry to get going so I need to drive now. And I didn’t realise the a/c was off because last time I used it, it was on

TL/DR
life happened

All in jest, of course

Hah. I just setup my driver profile with the HVAC adjusted to 72F as I like it, and it "just works". Doesn't matter if someone else futzes with everything, as long as I use my key, it's all setup the way I want. The Auto HVAC settings on this car seem to work really well, surprisingly so. I think the temperature sensor location is far better than it has been on my previous vehicles (which normally had it down by the driver's side leg area) so it does a better job achieving the desired temperature at your body vs. just your feet. It might be a TX thing, as our climate trends on the hotter side, so HVAC is almost always cooling vs. heating.

Once it cools down some more, it'll be interesting to see if it's intelligent enough to avoid blowing cold air until the vehicle has some heat in the cooling system to warm the air up, then ramping up the fans.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts