SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
I need some advice! I have a 2002 Volvo c70 HPT the a/c system needs recharged, what is the best dyi solution; I have never dealt with a/c systems before. Are all refrigerants created equal or is there a brand you guys would suggest to use?
I have read up on the subject on a few other online resources but would anyone want to post a min how to or any tricks or pointers?
thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
All refrigerants are different, and your car's compressor should be marked as to which version it is (or was) using. This is strictly my opinion, but I believe air conditioning systems are best left to the professionals.

Perhaps some other members can offer some ideas.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I let the pros service my vehicles, however I'm lucky enough to know of two small shops that'll tell me which parts need replacing if they cannot service the system.
Sometimes with the smaller items they'll tell me to go get this or that part, and they'll R&R it for me for free while they service my system.

Otherwise I say "YouTube". There's so many people wanting their 5 minutes of fame on there. I'm sure there's a How To for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts