SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I had my Volvo serviced at Volvo dealer and asked for regular 46000 mile service along with the A/C be checked as it was not cooling. My bill came to around 800.00 including the price for checking the Ac.After on week the car broke down with a serpentine belt and idler pulley. I was towed locally and had repair done. Also the compressor on the AC was bad? estimate to repair $2.000.00, OUCH!Why did Volvo say everything was fine? when it was blowing hot air? how did Volvo do all the checking and say it was fine when it was not? Why did a local mechanic after testing find the compressor to be bad?
Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
505 Posts
this doesn't help you but.....change dealerships, or start a complaint with volvo.......
this is why i do my own work.......i know most people aren't set up for do-it-yourself however so it becomes " between a rock and a hard place"
maybe find a good indy you can trust...
How did volvo do what they did?....incompetence....you gotta give 'em credit, they've almost gotten $2800 bucks from you for nothing...

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Two weeks ago I had my Volvo serviced at Volvo dealer and asked for regular 46000 mile service along with the A/C be checked as it was not cooling. My bill came to around 800.00 including the price for checking the Ac.After on week the car broke down with a serpentine belt and idler pulley. I was towed locally and had repair done. Also the compressor on the AC was bad? estimate to repair $2.000.00, OUCH!Why did Volvo say everything was fine? when it was blowing hot air? how did Volvo do all the checking and say it was fine when it was not? Why did a local mechanic after testing find the compressor to be bad?
Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
What dealership? I would go back to the dealership and speak one on one (politely) with the General Manager. Bring a copy of the service / work order. Explain how your car was there for a 46,000 service, and was suppose to be checked. Instead, Volvo let it out the door and you suffered multiple failures.

See what he says. Only speak to General Manager... on this one.

If this fails, I would email executives at Volvo Corporate and make them away of this to see if they'd offer any good will.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts