SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my A/C compressor isn't working properly, it's not sucking down the low side enough and doesn't build up a decent discharge pressure. Signs of either a slipping magnetic clutch or a failed valve in the compressor. The A/C sort of works but isn't decent.

My question is this, do the P3 A/C compressors, suffer the same common issue as the P2 A/C compressors where the clutch slips? I've seen plenty of slipping A/C clutches in my years, this one doesn't look like it's slipping, IE the clutch looks to be spinning at the same speed as the pulley.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It depends on the model. I see that you have a D5 engine which means your compressor is different from the ones in the inline 6 cars. I'm not super familiar with the diesel engine because they're not sold here in the states. That being said, when I look up the correct compressor for your car, it cross matches with as the same compressor that would fit on P2 cars here. I would definitely take a look at the clutch with that being case. I would also fully make sure that the refrigerant levels are correct. When it comes to the valve sticking, that's an issue that's common with the variable speed compressor on the inline 6 models.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, I will have to get a good look at the comp and check out the earlier P2 gas cars to find one the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts