SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya...<p>does your guys' A/C compressor come on with a bit of a clunk, and then hisses a while? Sometimes the hissing also happens as I accelerate from a stop, without the clunk. I had Volvo take a look and they said those noises are within spec. The A/C is ice cold, the fan and all the flaps seem to work, but still, I don't trust it somehow. Am worried that some belt or pulley or clutch or whatever there is between A/C and engine is going to crap out soon. Any hints?? <p>Thanks!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Re: A/C clunk & hiss (marc007)

The A/C in my S60 NA (168 HP) made a terrible noise. Almost more than the engine and it felt that it was sucking half of the engine's power but it would cool the cabin very quickly. The A/C in the R is less noisy but I can still hear it start an stop. San Diego is very hot and humid right now and the A/C on my R is working very hard. I would say the noise is normal.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Re: A/C clunk & hiss (BrunoS)

Mine makes the same noises too. I have wondered if it is normal. Most of the loaners I've driven (S/V's) have made the same noises just not as pronounced. A/C is cold and functioning normally too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts