SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 R MT with 60K. For the last 6 – 9 months I keep getting an intermittent “Anti-Skid Service Required” message. Over a month ago I took it to the dealer and the error code was BCM-0115 Communication fault with steering angle sensor – recommend replacement of steering wheel module and clock spring. I finally got around to replacing the clock spring last weekend.

After changing it I got a constant “Anti-Skid Temporarily Off” and occasionally “Chassis Settings Temporarily Off” and “Anti-Skid Service Required”.

I took the car to the dealer to read the codes and we got a bunch. The dealer said they clear them and they all came back after a short test drive.

1. BCM-0109 Communication between control units Communication problems with SAS, internal fault – DTC is found active
2. BCM-0133 Brake pressure sensor2 Signal too low - DTC is found active
3. BCM-A032 Stability function Too long stability control - DTC is found active
4. BCM-0095 Communication between control units Communications problem with DEM - DTC is found not active
5. DEM-0006 Pump Faulty signal - DTC is found not active
6. CCM-0063 Damper motor, temperature right internal fault - DTC is found not active
7. CCM-0064 Damper motor destitution Internal fault - DTC is found not active
8. SAS-003 Steering wheel angle sensor Signal outside its permitted range - DTC is found not active
9. SUM-0337 CAN-signal, SAS control unit Faulty signal - DTC is found not active

Unfortunately, since there was a substantial time lag between reads, I do not know if some of these existed before replacing the clock spring.

Not knowing what most of these codes mean or the most likely cause I’m not sure where to go from here. Do you think:

1. I should pull the clocksping and see if something was wrong with how it was installed, bent pin or something like that?
2. Is there something else going on as well?
3. Where do I go from here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!:confused:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hmm look under the back end, see if your DEM is melted/fried? Not sure if it'd cause all of that though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update

We I believe they are finally all gone.:)

Once I got a working VIDA DICE unit I was able to determine that:
1. Using the instruction in the form I ended up installing the new clock spring 1 revolution off. I wondered when I installed it because the setting we I revolution off where it was pinned when I received it. Next time I would probably install it as received.

2. For BCM-0133 Brake pressure sensor2 Signal too low, VIDA says the first thing to do is clean the plugs. I have done that and so far no more problems.

3. Reset all the other Codes and have now gone about 500 miles with no messages.

I know there has been a lot of back and forth on this forum about dealers. Well this experience has made it clear to me that if you want to work on your car at all you have to get a working version of VIDA with a DICE.

When I went into the dealer I was upfront with the fact that I installed the clock spring myself. The first thing he did was tell me that I had 2 messages show so reading the first one was covered by the Volvo 1hr free diagnostic but that I would have to pay for the 1 additional hr for the second. I know this was not right but since both he and I know I was probably not going to have them do the work I agreed to pay the diagnostic fee. I got the car back with the above listed codes in 15min. I was told that they had reset all of them and they all returned.

When I finally got my VIDA DICE it took me less than 1 hr to fumble through and find out what my issues were, ie completed diagnostics. I’m an engineering consultant and use to being paid for my time and information. As a result I have no problem paying someone else, ie the dealer, for their time and advice. On the other hand I get very upset when I pay for something I do not get!

·
Registered
3 Posts
after repairing my steering rack and , i had a message DSTC off and now i cant put it on again and ANTI-Skid Service required msg is nearly always on , i think its the clock spring sensor too , can i get help for how to reset that ? i have the following codes
BCM-0031
BCM-0101
BCM-0109

1 - 4 of 4 Posts