SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time on the quarter mile

Well tonight I thought I'd put the XC down the 1/4 mile.

ET: 14.958
TERMINAL SPEED: 95.44 m/ph 153.59 km/h
reaction time: 0.489
60' 2.365
330' 6.411
660' 9.751

Ambient Temp: 21.1 / 70.0F
Altitude 28.2m

I did about 7 passes. Damn traction control was not allowing me to get a good launch and then the boost simply was not coming on how it should. Too much heat soak. NO breeze, no boost :(
I need this gearbox with worn clutch and failing throw-out bearing fixed asap.

Sorry, no pics. :facepalm:

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
How come you weren't turning off the traction control?

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
hmm, still having problems with boost and heatsoak huh? you ever try sourcing a larger intercooler or adding any methanol injection?

better luck next time man.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How come you weren't turning off the traction control?
How do I do that?

hmm, still having problems with boost and heatsoak huh? you ever try sourcing a larger intercooler or adding any methanol injection?
LOL I have been trying for 2 years to get a larger intercooler and other parts. You guys don't realise there is ZERO support for Volvo over here. I mean ZERO plus no one wants to ship to AU.

Boost came on driving home after I got some cooler air into the car. A bitter sweet end to the night.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
There should be an STC button down under your heater controls, push it to shut it off? Do you have that button or is it omitted on AUS market cars maybe?

From the US cross country manual:

Manual said:
4. Stability Traction Control (STC) -option

Press this switch for at least half a second to turn the STC system on or off. An LED in the switch will light up to indicate that the system is on. See page 19 for more information on STC. This system should be switched off if you, for any reason, temporarily have to drive with tires of different dimensions (e.g., spare tire).

NOTE: To help reduce the risk that this system is turned off inadvertently, the switch must be held in for at least half a second to turn STC off. The warning symbol in the instrument panel will light up to indicate that STC is OFF.

4. Dynamic Stability Traction Control (DSTC) - option

DSTC comes on automatically each time the car is started.
The DSTC button is used to turn DSTC off or to turn it back on. Manually turn DSTC off or on by pressing and holding the button for at least half a second.
A green LED in the button shows that DSTC is truned on.
The LED in the button will go off if DSTC is turned off.
Steady illumination of a warning symbol in the instrument display shows that DSTC has been turned off manually or because of a system fault.

WARNING!
Please be aware that the car's handling characteristics may be affected if Dynamic Stability Traction Control (DSTC) is switched off.
Handling characteristics. Yeah, like accellerating without the brakes automatically locking up and your throttle automatically shutting off.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I don't have the STC / DSTC button nor have the ability to disable it :/

I can feel the engine retarding power until the orange light stops flashing on the dash.

* another word of advise. Turn your phone off!
Damn fiance started calling me as Im staging the car just before launch. ARGHHHHH

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I haven't ever seen an XC with an STC button...

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Wild, that's a bummer. It's in the XC manual too, I wonder what it takes to add it on? I bet it's just the button and a software load in VIDA.

Maybe try pulling one of the related fuses, like the ABS fuse. It wouldn't help when it backs off the throttle for you, but it'd let you get some wheelspin in.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It was probably available with the Haldex system. Mine was the last model prior to Haldex.
Trust me, I did have plenty of wheel spin but DTSC is like having a brake on until it suddenly releases.

Keeping in mind this is a Cross Country Volvo and not a drag car. I never in my crazy dreams thought I'd ever put this thing down the 1/4.
I was probably the only car there that night that has actually been "off road"

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
It's not like having a brake on, it's really applying the brakes to slow down the spinning wheels. I feel your pain, I've forgotten to turn it off on drag runs before. It might even be worse, knowing you can turn it off and forgetting. Makes the whole run a waste.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It was probably available with the Haldex system. Mine was the last model prior to Haldex.
Trust me, I did have plenty of wheel spin but DTSC is like having a brake on until it suddenly releases.

Keeping in mind this is a Cross Country Volvo and not a drag car. I never in my crazy dreams thought I'd ever put this thing down the 1/4.
I was probably the only car there that night that has actually been "off road"
Nope, my 05 has Haldex but no switch either... :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts