Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1999 Volvo S80 T6
198,000 Miles
Black Exterior
Black Leather Interior
Automatic Transmission
I am the 2nd owner, owned it since around 2005.

Timing belt tensioner broke and pistons bent valves in 4 cylinders. I took it to my local independent shop and they put a new belt and tensioner on it and checked the compression and 4 cylinders do not have any compression. They mentioned they have seen this plenty of times in the past and in most cases the piston is not damaged to any degree that would need attention and if the head is removed the valves can be replaced and the engine would be back to running condition. I do not have the time nor the money to get into this so I told them to give the car back to me so I could sell it. They removed the new timing belt and tensioner and now here it is for you guys to look at. The strut bar, intake and intercooler tubing was removed to take off the good belt and tensioner the shop put on and it was just left off so when you see the picture of the engine you can rest assured that all the parts to put it back together are in the trunk.

Condition Of The Car
Exterior is in good shape with no major damage. In the pictures it looks like the front bumper has lots of paint chips in it but it is just bugs and dirt that will wipe off. There are small dents on the sides from peoples doors hitting mine, and the usual minor scratches but they are not noticeable unless you are standing right next to the car. No rust or paint peeling anywhere. The passenger side driver door has some touch up paint on it up near the glass where I very poorly attempted to fix some scratches. Again if you aren't staring right at it you wouldn't notice it. 18" Gun Metal Gray Pegasus rims have some curb rash on several of them but no major damage and they all hold air. Michelin Tires are in great shape and are not very old at all.

Interior is also in good shape. No rips or tears in any of the leather. Carpets are in good shape. Only things of noting inside is the fabric on the A pillars is starting to wrinkle and come off. I've tried to glue it back on to no avail. The driver side front door interior panel has a broken plastic clip so when you sit inside and close the door you see the interior panel pull away from the door a bit. It will not fall off and I'm probably making it sound a lot worse then it is. Finally the clock in the instrument cluster stopped working about 3 years ago. Everything else on the cluster works perfectly though (Temp, speed, rpm, idiot lights, message center, etc)

Earlier this year the CEM died in the car. I pulled it out and sent it up to XeModeX. They checked it and found it to be bad and sent me re manufactured one back. The one they sent comes with a warranty, added heat sinks to keep it cool, and water proofing to keep it corrosion free. If you are not familiar with CEM failures on these cars then just know this is a great improvement over the OEM CEM. I have included a picture of my receipt for this item so you can see it is a fresh CEM with lots of life left on it. Usually when you buy a Volvo this age the CEM is near the end of it's life so know that's not the case with this car.

Modifications I have made to the car: I removed the stock air intake box and installed a K&N cone shaped cold air intake to the mass airflow sensor. I removed the stock plastic blow off valve and installed a metal turbonetic blow off valve on it. The blow off valve is still plumed to the intake not to the atmosphere. Lastly I installed a boost gauge inside the car, I deleted the left driverside air vent and installed a plastic plate for my gauge to mount in. Although I have made some changes to the car I have never ran the boost higher then stock or made any changes to the computer.

I have always used Mobil 1 synthetic oil in it and changed the oil myself. I have a box of Mahle oil filters that can go with the car if someone buys it.

Basically I would like to sell the whole car as one unit rather then part it out. I am not sure what something like this should go for so I guess best offer gets it.

Let me know if you want pictures of anything in more detail or other questions come up.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Car is worth 0 so adjust your price.
It's a $1000 car RUNNING (maybe)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts