SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, folks,
I just picked up that '99 Laser Blue that was in the CL thread with the interior some of you loved so much. ;)

Apparently the air only blows when it feels like it, but usually it just doesn't blow beyond the small amount that comes out of the vents when the slider is at 0. There's nothing wrong with the temp, and I'm not getting flashing lights of doom. No CEL, but I can't find my damn OBDII reader to check if there are any codes related to the issue. My first thought was the ECC unit itself, but I'm not well-versed in these things.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
My first guess would be the blower motor itself. They fail and then decide to blow only when they want. Sometimes trying to run it only on high speed will get it to operate. The good news is that replacing them is easy - like 30 - 45 minutes easy. You DISCONNECT THE BATTERY take out the glove box and the Airbag and knee bolster and the blower motor is held in with three easy to access screws.

I have had good luck with used blowers from Ebay in two separate cars. I think I paid about $30. Google it. There are good tutorials out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxSn3vQl0hc

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
And congrats on the laser blue, awesome color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts