SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 98 V70XC with a bad engine in a trade, found a 99 V70R engine I could use as a swap. Any particular issues with this swap? Can grab the whole subframe if needed.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
No fitment issues, but many other N to
RN considerations as 99 is the 1st year for ME7.

Google RN swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
16,095 Posts
Basically need to retain all sensors and work from the 98. Will need a t5 tune at least to get started. What does the 99 R motor come with?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basically need to retain all sensors and work from the 98. Will need a t5 tune at least to get started. What does the 99 R motor come with?
Only thing he says missing is turbo and tps.

·
Registered
16,095 Posts
Only thing he says missing is turbo and tps.
Ok. $?

99 motors aren’t really worth messing with unless it’s damn near free or extremely convenient. However it sounds like this may come with green injectors?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. $?

99 motors aren’t really worth messing with unless it’s damn near free or extremely convenient. However it sounds like this may come with green injectors?
$150, so it’s cheap at least.

The shop the car is at may have a newer RN sitting around, probably an LPT 2.4T from an XC70 or S60, so might just go with that if so.

·
Registered
16,095 Posts
$150, so it’s cheap at least.

The shop the car is at may have a newer RN sitting around, probably an LPT 2.4T from an XC70 or S60, so might just go with that if so.
The later motor is inherently a better engine in every aspect other than being 83mm bore. Would be my recommendation, pending actual condition of the long block.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts